When I send email from my BB, I don't want the receipient to know it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

recursive no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Sending mail using a specific account

Advertisement

When I send email from my BB, I don't want the receipient to know it came from my BB. (I don't want them to see me @tmo.blackberry.net) So, I set up an email account at the t-mobile site, and it works like I want. Except that the mail takes up to 15 mins to get sent to my BB.

So, I found out my mail host (comcast.net) has an auto-forward feature. So I forward my comcast mail to my BB, and it's immediate. The problem with this is I now get 2 emails for every one I receive at comcast. So, I would like to disable the slow one - the one setup thru t-mobile. But, then I don't know if my email return address can be set to me @comcast.net.

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but is there a way in the messenger to set the return or reply-to settings?

Edit: using BIS
    Thanks.

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Sending mail using a specific account

yes, this is possible.

go to your t-mobile account and edit your t-mobile mail account...under "reply to", put in your comcast address.

When your peeps reply to emails sent from your BB (and in essence, your t-mo email), their replies will be to the comcast address and not to the t-mo address.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    go to your t-mobile account and edit your t-mobile mail account...under "reply to", put in your comcast address. When your peeps reply to emails sent from your BB (and in essence, your t-mo email), their replies will be to the comcast address and not to the t-mo address.
    Thanks, but I have that much working now. But I want to stop having BIS fetch my mail from comcast, because of the lag. I can have comcast forward mails directly to my BB.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

recursive, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too. I think that any BIS filter you could set up to block one, would block the other. I don't use BIS 2.0, so can't really verify this, but you might try setting the forward to Handheld setting in the polled account to NO. It might just work, but I think you will have to select the correct Sent From address each time if it does.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I set the filter option to not forward, and it works great now! Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by recursive
    Thanks, but I have that much working now. But I want to stop having BIS fetch my mail from comcast, because of the lag. I can have comcast forward mails directly to my BB.
    just delete the comcast account or set to not forward.

as long as it's forwarding to the t-mo account, it'll be pushed out and with the "reply to" set for comcast will have people replying to the comcast address.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, don't delete the comcast account; if you do, you won't be able to send email using that address, which is the way you want it: people not seeing your "real" BlackBerry email address.

i didn't mean delete the account on comcast...i meant delete it on the t-mo bb-setup site. Since you're comcast mail is being forwarded to your t-mo address and you don't want the comcast mail to be "pushed", there's really no reason for it on the t-mo bb site. but you can just disable forwarding if you want also.

I don't think I should delete my comcast address from the tmo site, because then BB messenger will not use it as a reply address. I turned off forwarding on the tmo site, and it works well now.

I wish I could configure messenger with a reply-to address.