Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

this is wacked... if i go to help under meetings it says i can add ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

Re: Sending a reminder to contacts?!

Advertisement

this is wacked... if i go to help under meetings it says i can add email... but i dont see anything bout meetings... i can change what reason like free time... out of office.. but nothing says meeting. wtf lol
    http://gixxerfrog.100webspace.net - my website - themes

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    You can do it by email...not sms. When you set up your appointment in calendar, just hit the menu button, 'invite attendee'. tada. Not sure the max you could invite but I know it's more than one. Would be nice if you could invite a group though if you have groups set up (of course you would have to email set up for all of them)...
    I know you can do this via email or MMS... my question is do you know if this only works on other Blackberry users, or can I do this with anyone who can receive an MMS? Or just for the BB users and people w/ email?

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

I have had problems doinh this with my wife with her 8100. The only time this seems to work is with someone on my work exchange. Or if someone sends me an invite via my OWA account from a computer.BI wish this would work with my wifes BB and mine ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

That stinks. I use my BBerry for business and pleasure. A mixture of both is the fact I'm starting a band and when I schedule a band practice I'd prefer to use this option... but the "Help" on my phone says its only for email. I also saw a section that says MMS Appointment. So I normally just send out a group text, or call everyone, but figured it work look more official if I could actually send the MMS to someone's cell phone. They should burn all cell phones and require every wireless customer to buy Blackberrys!

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

I'm running v4.2.1.107, and I don't have that option at all- neither old or new appts... on old appts where the screenshot shows "invite attendee" I have "call voicemail" and on new appts the list goes straight from "save" to "show symbols".... I can't find an option for "meetings", and when I looked up "how to schedule a meeting" under "help" it says to "verify that BB device is associated an email account that BES v2.1".... que? Any thoughts?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You guys know that is for use with your PIN messages or BBmessenger. The only way the person will get the invite is if you both have a BB, I believe.

It basically for people who are on BES.

Just my thoughts.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    You guys know that is for use with your PIN messages or BBmessenger. The only way the person will get the invite is if you both have a BB, I believe.

It basically for people who are on BES.

Just my thoughts.
    It's only for email (at least with mine)
    If I add an attendee with an email in the address book for the person it adds them fine. After I add them and the name is highlighted, I click menu button again and select 'show address', it shows their email.
    If I select someone that doesn't have an email it brings me to viewing the contact info for that person where I get the option to edit that contact (to add an email for them).
    Also if I invite attendee and scroll to the top of my address book to 'use once' it only gives me the option for an email address.

Not sure but isn't an email an email? I don't see why it would only work with bb's. I might have to give a try to find out for sure.

EDIT: Just tested...works great! Tested with an email address for my Outlook. Got the email immediately, then a reminder popped up 15 minutes before (the time I set for reminder in appointment details) the event. It automatically shows up in my Outlook Calendar, and in the email it has buttons on top the email to accept, decline, or even propose new time. I love this little gadget.
    Last edited by VeryBerry; 09-18-2007 at 04:13 AM.

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

yep runs of email... cant add someone without a email address, and after you invite go into the menu and it says email attendee's

.:edit for photo:.

um this is on rogers .94 so make sure your runing .101+ k?

PS any one know how to skip boot screen on emulator?
    Last edited by organic_matter; 09-18-2007 at 04:08 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea, I wasn't using anyone with an email, only PINs hehe.

Yes it works with email too. Sorry was half asleep when I wrote the other post...I love naps

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

ummm naps....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This can also be done using Outlook instead of the BB. My company does this to remind me of important stuff. Im not on a BES, and they send calendar invites via email to insert things into my calendar.

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

i found a way to get it to send as an email but at the top it says... send MMS by email to and it asks for the email addy... will i get charged cuz its a MMS or no cuz its an email... like i said before i dont have MMS pic msg's i just have unlimted text msg.
    http://gixxerfrog.100webspace.net - my website - themes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12