Hey Guys, Does anyone know how to change the send from address. I want it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kbode no está en línea Stack level 1

Send From Address

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to change the send from address. I want it to say my work e-mail address so wen I comunicate with customers they don't get confused.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Ken

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Re: Send From Address

Move the cursor to the "Send Using" field, click on the trackball, then select the address you wish to use.

kbode no está en línea Stack level 1

Is their any other way. My e-mail is forwarded from work account to my blackberry account. So I cannot choose my work e-mail since it is not setup on my system and I cannot set it up on my system since we are on some type of special secured network.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Do you have a specific inbox on your device for your work email?

If you do, use that inbox to reply to and compose messages out of and it will automatically make it that address...Atleast it should...Do you know what version BIS you are on?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Oh, duh...or try this:

Go into a messages folder, click trackwheel and go to options...Then go to email reconciliation...There will be an email address at the top...Click on it and chose "change", and then change it to the email address you want to use, then click save...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via my new 8703e (wap.pinstack.com)~ I use an application called BB Reply, and it works great, it sets the reply to address for you... I don't have the link, but it can be found in the downloads section.

recursive no está en línea Stack level 1

I would like to know this too - how to change the "send from" address.

Apparently "BB Reply" doesn't work on BIS 2.0.

Isn't there somewhere to set the "from" and "reply to" address in Messenger? My mail is forwarded to my tmo.blackberry.net account. I don't want people to see that address.

Is there a "Default" mail address setting somewhere?

Note: when you "Forward" a message, you get to specify the from address. When you "Reply" to a message, you do not get that option!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

The application BB Reply should have nothing to do with what BIS version you are on. I used it on BIS 1.8 and now on BIS 2.0, and have had no problems at all, since I learned how to properly set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    The application BB Reply should have nothing to do with what BIS version you are on. I used it on BIS 1.8 and now on BIS 2.0, and have had no problems at all, since I learned how to properly set it up.
    I heard from other posts that it didn't work on BIS 2.0, and other posts where it didn't work at all. Where did you learn how to set it up?

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I installed BBreply on my Pearl, and it gives error messages when you select "Set ReplyTo" in the messenger. It says something about not running the Web Client Service. I am, as far as I understand.

I found a solution anyway - go to the t-mobile email setup, and change the "reply to" field for the tmo.blackberry.net account. I.e. you have go to the web page to set it; you don't do it from the BB software.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Not sure whats up then... I obviously dont have a pearl so that may be the case. Good luck, let me know if I can be any further help.