Hello all, I have my pearl 8100 sold but before I deliver it I just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

verycrisp no está en línea Stack level 1

Selling My Pearl 8100..How Can I Erase Everything ??

Advertisement

Hello all,
    I have my pearl 8100 sold but before I deliver it I just want to know how can I delete everything that might be on the phone. I dumped all of the emails, messages, cache files, etc.. but now that the sim card is out of it and in my new phone all of my email address' are still showing on the phone and I don't want that.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Selling My Pearl 8100..How Can I Erase Everything ??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Change the PIN,by deleting the old BB PIN and IMEI, and enter the new BB PIN and IMEI, on your BIS account page via PC. Resend the service books to the new BB from that page. Register it on the wireless network using the Host Routing Table in Advanced Options.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by verycrisp View Post
    Hello all,
    I have my pearl 8100 sold but before I deliver it I just want to know how can I delete everything that might be on the phone. I dumped all of the emails, messages, cache files, etc.. but now that the sim card is out of it and in my new phone all of my email address' are still showing on the phone and I don't want that.

To actually Wipe the device of your Info, you go to Options>Security Options>General Settings>hit the menu button select Wipe Handheld>click on continue, type blackberry and wait 5 or 6 minutes for it to wipe and reboot.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ That's correct. I saw the part about getting emails off one BB and on a new one which is why I said what I did.

verycrisp no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the help guys. pda.teck that was a nice quick fix and was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again

cherryberrypie no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bought a used 8100 and the old users email is still displaying, thanks for the information on wiping the device. I have a couple of questions, if you can help. First, will this wipe clear all the data I've added? (I think it will) and second I had to unlock this to use with my provider, will I have to unlock it again? Also, should I remove the SIM card during the wipe? Please answer if you get the chance...someone help...completely addicted!!

~via BB 8100(wap.pinstack.com)~ No. Once it is unlocked its unlocked for good.

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3

good info! thanks guys.

cherryberrypie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Erica,
    Just one more question before I do the wipe. I'm not selling, I bought this one. Will the wipe clear all added applications? In other words, if it resets to factory (but will not lock back to old provider) will it dump the applications that are not factory loaded? How about the os? And if so, how to I back it all up? I love this phone and don't want to kill it. Thanks for your help.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    pda.tech, many tks for your words of wisdom on wiping a Pearl. It worked just GREAT, so now my wife can use my old Pearl without over 200 of my contacts in the way. I hit your +trust! Help like yours is what makes Pinstack such a great place for all of us BBers, whether novice or oldtimer. Tks for being there.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    cherryberrypie, if you never got an answer to your June 21 question about whether 'wipe' eliminated installed applications too, I just wiped a Pearl that I'm giving to my wife, so that she's not stuck with 200+ of my contacts, and Opera Mini, ColorPearl and a couple other added apps are still there, but all of my data is gone. It appears that a wipe only wipes the data and not the apps...