After having this case for a couple of months, I conclude the case is pretty ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bydabeach no está en línea Stack level 1

Seido Rubberized Case Explodes When Dropped

Advertisement

After having this case for a couple of months, I conclude the case is pretty useless. The bottom of the case makes it difficult to type on the lower keys on the phone. Worse problem is that when you drop the phone and it lands on the bottom of the case, the case explodes. What's the point of the case if it does not stay intact when you drop it? Unfortunately, I bought the case before there were a lot of reviews. I searched these forums for threads on cases and dropping, saw the poll on have you dropped your pearl and the numerous threads on cases. After reading these, I still have a question. What is a good drop resistant case or skin that allows me to use the phone without taking it out of the case? I've dropped my Pearl at least 5 times, and I want better protection than the Seido rubberized case. Thanks.

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2
    Not sure which one you are using, this one has been rock solid for me from Sedio:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=543

The bigger question: Why do you keep dropping your Pearl????

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by prickleypete
    Not sure which one you are using, this one has been rock solid for me from Sedio:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=543

The bigger question: Why do you keep dropping your Pearl????
    I have that case too. I love it. I haven't dropped my pearl, but if I do, you can tell that the case won't stay intact. It will prevent scratches to the corners and sides of the phone though. And I guess this isn't the case that the first poster has since it's really easy to use all the keys with this case, moreso than any other case/phone combo I've used before.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you want protection from drops then what you need is a bulkier, thicker case, probably with rubbery silicone on the outside. The one you have stays together with clips. To keep it from "exploding" when you drop it you need one with a latch and hinges to get it in and out. I don't know who makes one but somebody probably does. There are lots of cases like that for the iPod, so just google up ipod cases and see what you can come up with. A lot of case companies make cases for lots of portable devices. Good luck. (but if you keep dropping it maybe get a lanyard to put around your wrist, eventually you'll bust it no matter what case you get).
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I have the Seido case and it works great. I have not tested it by dropping the Pearl.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well I have 2 cases.one is silicoln and the other one is leatherish. The silicoln looks just like the rubber one the guys showed up there, just silicoln.the leather one is very strong, I drop mine all the time because I am very clumsy.its just fine in this case, only problem with it is the edges are wearing and it has only been about a week that I have had the case.I will post think of where I got them from when I have time.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ here is my case:http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...g.asp?item=799

bydabeach no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've got the same case as prickly pete, and I guess I'm just clumsy. Problem with the case is that when it lands directly on the bottom of the case, the clip on the bottom disconnects causing the whole case to open. Last week, the Pearl came out of my jacket pocket while I was running, the case exploded on the sidewalk, and the Pearl skidded across the sidewalk, leaving some nice scrapes in the corners of the Pearl.

As I said in my original post, I don't think the Seido rubberized case is a good one for someone who is clumsy with their Pearl. I'm on vacation this week, and I had some time to kill, and I folded up a small piece of cardboard and wedged it between the bottom of the Pearl and the bottom edge of the case. This actually prevents the case from exploding when you drop the Pearl from about 6-12 inches onto a hard surface. This seems to keep the clip pushed into place and prevents it from giving way and letting the device open up. I think the design of the Seido is poorly engineered. They could have made the shell a two piece that clips together only on the sides, imho.

Thanks again for the helpful replies. If I go with another case, I'll post a review.