Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I added the Sheildguard to my skinned Pearl...now all I need is the drop sensing, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Seidio's NEW Blackberry 8100 Holster

Advertisement

I added the Sheildguard to my skinned Pearl...now all I need is the drop sensing, autodeploying airbag to protect my Pearl from a fall...Does anyone know of a vendor that sells this product?

HTTmd no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the endorsement, Maximus. I just ordered the black skin, screen protector and audio adapter ($8.95). This should set me up to take the Pearl on a jog or on the bike.

hybryd no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF1342

I just ordered this holster.... Now the waiting...

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

It appears their ordering and shipping process is very efficient. I ordered mine on Monday and it arrived Wednesday afternoon. It looks like they ship from TX.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by seidio
    For right now, yes. We hope to have our products in retails outlets in the not too distant future.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    can you please explain to the poor people out there why a piece of plastic costs $30? In all my life I have never heard of a holster costing more than $15. So why are you charging double the amount? maybe taking advantage of being the only one with it out? (for right now anyways) regardless I think I'll wait for a normal price to produce.

laz
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Everyone has their carrying preferences. Our holster series has done well with a variety of phone lines. On the othre side of the specturm pricewise, we just introduced translucent and black skins for the 8100 at an introductory price of $9.95.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    ok now why would you inject the skin cuz I am assuming the Pearl will not fit in the Holster with the Skin on so...

madfx no está en línea Stack level 1

Are the call keys under the padding of the black skin still easily useable? (and visible?) Looks like it might accidentally push both buttons down (on either side of the trackball) when trying to use them.

I just got the Blackberry skin, and the white is a little too transparent for my tastes.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    can you please explain to the poor people out there why a piece of plastic costs $30? In all my life I have never heard of a holster costing more than $15. So why are you charging double the amount? maybe taking advantage of being the only one with it out? (for right now anyways) regardless I think I'll wait for a normal price to produce.
    Why do you people keep asking this company to justify it's pricing? You keep saying it's too much for something that is just plastic but what you don't realize its that you are not paying for the plastic, you are paying for a product that is made from plastic. What you don't seem to take into account is the dollars spent by a company in research and development. Most products are more expensive when first released becasue of the cost to develop, engineer, and produce the product. Those costs have to be recouped before the company even turns a profit. They can't and aren't going to sell you a product for $3.00 becasuse that's what the plastic is worth. Jez, what is sold in the marketplace for what it's really worth material wise?

And yes, they can demand a higher price because right now they have no competition. But that is the benefit of being proactive and having the foresight to get a much needed product out quickly. While the other companies are sitting on their hands waiting to see if the Pearl is going to be popular enough to justify the R&D cost to develop a clip or any other accessory, Seido took a gamble early and got their product out first. Why shouldn't they as a company, and their employees, benefit financially from this? This is America where it is encouraged to try and make a buck.

To you folks that can't understand why a piece of plastic costs $30, try taking a piece and making your own holster out of it. Post some pics too so we can compare it to the Seido. ;-)

Bottom line is if you can't afford it, don't buy it. Go for something cheaper. But don't act as if someone is a criminal or rip off artist for pricing their own product at what they believe to be a fair market price. They have a right to ask what they want just as you, the consumer, has the right to not buy it and take your business elsewhere. Pesonally, I think the cheaply made crap they sell at the cellular kiosks at the mall for $10 to $15 a pop are the real rip offs. I know from experiance that Seidio's products are of good quality and you don't see the cheap junk kiosk sellers on the forums answering questions, asking for feedback, and trying to make sure their customers are happy. You get what you pay for.

(No, I don't work for Seidio. I'm just a proud American who still believes in a capitalistic society and not ashamed to have the opportunity this country affords to better myself through hard work and ingenuity)
    Last edited by evilhomer; 10-20-2006 at 11:03 AM.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

dtwalkerfl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204DC2A2

Nuf said, great reply!!! Let the market determine their success or failure. That's the way it should be.

We could always get Senator Hillary Clinton to introduce a bill to control the prices of cell phone cases, but you'd probably have to include a $500,000.00 campaign contibution.

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

I have heard nothing but good review from Seidio products so far, and the 2.5mm to 3.5mm 8100 headphone adapter I ordered from them is no different. I will likely be buying this clip/holster soon as I would really like to be able to take my phone with me while running and excersizing. I could easily justify the price with my need for the product, if you can't then oh well, as the guys 2 posts up pretty much said, that's the way the market works. =P

seidio no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    ok now why would you inject the skin cuz I am assuming the Pearl will not fit in the Holster with the Skin on so...
    We will be introducing a new holster next week that will work with both our skins and upcoming crystal and rubberized cases.

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by HEXED
    Oh, kool. I just gota really make sure I protect my screen, I dropped my phone once and it slid on the concrete like a damn highdro plain boat and I felt like children services should take my phone from me for neglect! I felt like Doo Doo on a stick! Just bad! So yeah the cover is somethin i'll be lookin into,
    That is too damn funny!!!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome!"

laz
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

We will be introducing a new holster next week that will work with both our skins and upcoming crystal and rubberized cases.
    "That sounds like fun to me Frank" I'll be waiting save me a black skin plz
    free shipping right? lol

laz
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

sorry I just took a better look at the skin. I'm not to sure how I feel about it covering up the keys, anyone have it yet? care to comment on it? Is it distracting in any way?

laz
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

and while we are on Seidio's case, anyone have the Stereo Headset? cuz so far it's another p.o.s 1st off they should of included some type of track control but for the most part if anyone one has this can you please explain to me how do you answer an incoming call with the button on the headset while listening to music without hearing both the conversation and the music at the same time? How about it Seidio any trouble shooting suggestions? cuz I have killed mad minutes trying to figure this one out. cuz I'm sure you didn't put the button there just to pause the music.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast