Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am planning on buying one of these cases. http://www.blackberryden.com/81seidioside.html Can i change the position ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Seidio Two-Toned Custom Leather Side Case

Advertisement

I am planning on buying one of these cases.

http://www.blackberryden.com/81seidioside.html

Can i change the position of the clip?????????????????????????????????

http://www.blackberryden.com/tmobilecreme.html

http://www.blackberryden.com/pearloem.html

Which is better horizontal case or a vertical case. When i clip the case to my belt i want it to be horizontal, have a sleeper function, and protect the pearl nicely. Is there a better case, i am leaning towards the first one right now. It looks really nice.

Tell me if there is a better one and one under $30. And clips horizontally.
    What are the CONS of the first one.
    Last edited by ruth; 08-12-2007 at 11:25 PM.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Seidio Two-Toned Custom Leather Side Case

Ummmm the price is a HUGE con...you can get the same thing from Ebay for wayyyy less....
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the 1st one you show, and really like it.

Excellent quality leather, sleeper function works great, no matter which way you put your Pearl in the case. Also, it is very easy to put my Pearl in or take it out of this case with one hand, without fussing. The lid is held closed with a magnet (I much prefer that to the snap some cases use), and it's easy to pull the case lid up, grab the Pearl and remove it. Same thing with putting it back.

I read a review (I forget where) and the person writing the review had had this case for about six months, and it was still in excellent condition. I don't doubt it. It seems like it would hold up very well.

I've really pleased with it! I also just prefer a horizontal case.

Shel so you like the Seidio case....can u show me how the clip moves and upload a few pics plz.
    I want to see the clip and different positions it can be in.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I have the first one also and its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ruth
    Shel so you like the Seidio case....can u show me how the clip moves and upload a few pics plz.
    I want to see the clip and different positions it can be in.
    Ruth
    The clip doesn't move. It slips easliy onto my belt, but you can't twist it and use thsi case in the vertical position. However, again, I was looking for a horizontal case, so that wasn't a concern, for ME. If you, or someone else, would want to be able to use their case in the horizontal or vertical position, this isn't the case for you.

It looks exactly like the photo above, any photo I'd upload wouldn't look as good, honestly! It's soft, nice quality leather, and the clip is also covered with leather and seems very durable. It doesn't pivot at all, it's very firm.

I later saw this case advertised:

It does have a pivoting clip, and can be used in either position. Seems like a nice case.

You can find it here.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

I also have the first case by Seidio. I got mine after reading Stacey's review of her two cases. I also have the hard rubber case on my Pearl (from Seidio) and the first case holds it with no problems. There is enough room in the case that you do not have to fight to get the Pearl out. It puts the Pearl to sleep also like it should when put in the case and held shut by two magnets. But the clip does not move. I have also had the other two cases you have pictured. The 2nd case by Tmobile is a nice case and I still have mine but in order for it to work for me (i had the skin on it) i had to stretch it and after that it worked pretty good, but the Seidio still beats it. The 3rd case by Blackberry is nice and the clip rotates, but if you plan on putting some type of skin on your Pearl then it will be a very tight fit and hard to get the Pearl in and out. I ended up taking mine back. All in all, every one of those cases are nice and do what they should. It is going to be a taste preference and although i wanted a case with a rotating clip, i have been very happy with my Seidio case. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by shadow63; 08-13-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Will the pearl stay is sleep even if th pearl moves around in the case? Is the extra space in the case enough so that the pearl moves and the magnet isnt over the area it needs to be to be in sleep. I am just concerned if the pearl will be constantly in sleep.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the second case, and to answer Ruth's question once my Pearl is anywhere near the magnet, it automatically goes to sleep and stays asleep when in the holster. Its a really nice case otherwise, the only problem I have with it is that its a vertical holster! when I have it on my belt its extremely uncomfortable when I sit down as it digs into my legs. Thats the only reason I'm going to go to the first case...which is horizontal. Plus (true confessions) it does look really stylish!

Yes it does look really stylish. Its nice and clean and very professional looking. I am 13 years old and going to India next year and i am planning on unlocking the the phone and using it there. And India is a pretty harsh rough place and i want my pearl nicely attached and safe. I was planning on just putting the phone in an eye glass case but it was too big to fit in my pocket. This case should do it. My only concerns are: Will the pearl stay in sleep constantly even if it moves around? I have another ?????: Where is the magnet on the lid? (when taking the pearl out of the case does the magnet in the lid put the pearl back into quick sleep).

Will the pearl stay is sleep even if th pearl moves around in the case? Is the extra space in the case enough so that the pearl moves and the magnet isnt over the area it needs to be to be in sleep. I am just concerned if the pearl will be constantly in sleep.
    Any time the Pearl is in the case, it goes immediatly into sleep mode, and doesn't come out of it, until you remove your Pearl from the case.

And, as previously mentioned, there is some wiggle room, which allows you to more easily remove the Pearl from the case. However, the Pearl does NOT move around in the case, because with the lid closed, there is enough pressure on the Pearl to keep it from moving around.

The extra room in the case is actually nice. It allows easier removal/insertion of the Pearl into the case, and also allows you to have one of the rubber/silicon cases on your Pearl or, as the other poster mentioned, it even works with the Rubberized Hard Case from Seidio (I also the RHC with the Horizontal case... allows me to just skp my Pearl in my pocket, if I feel like it, knowing it's still protected with the Rubberized Hard Case and a screen protector I've put on the screen)

I made my final decision, i will be buying the 2nd one. I am just kidding, will be buying the first one.

I made my final decision, i will be buying the 2nd one. I am just kidding, will be buying the first one.
    LOL.... you actually had me!

You won't be sorry... and if you are, just flame Shadow or Stacie!

Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    LOL.... you actually had me!

You won't be sorry... and if you are, just flame Shadow or Stacie!

Lmao...sure.

Echolomax no está en línea Stack level 1

Very good post I was looking for a solution for my little baby

Sweat dreams !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast