Just wondering how secure the network is. Will I be okay doing online banking through ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

MAwith2Ts no está en línea Stack level 1

Security question

Advertisement

Just wondering how secure the network is. Will I be okay doing online banking through my pearl? Has anyone had any identity theft type problems or anything of the sort? Thanks for the comments! By the way my provider is t mobile.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Security question

I think its pretty secure, I bank online all the time with no problems. I actually think that the bb has a more secure network compared to using a pc for instance. The bb prides itself in security and from what I've see the bb has had no major security issues

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

RIM has done a lot to make sure that the BB is secure, particularly with respect to using a BES for corporate-type email and calendaring. When you are browing the Internet, you're not necessarily using a BES (if you have one) so the corporate security features don't really apply, but if you're doing things like online banking, you're still protected by SSL for the actual data stream. I personally wouldn't be concerned about doing online commerce from a Blackberry, and I haven't heard of any identify theft issues related to using a BB for those kinds of things.

However, keep in mind that if you're storing passwords or any other sensitive information on your device, you want to make sure that it's encrypted and you probably want to have a password on your device to further protect it. (This is just common sense stuff for any handheld.)

MAwith2Ts no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the advice! I just wanted to check before I did any transactions!