Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hi everyone, I used to have a BB 7230, when it was turned on or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    londonmandan's Avatar
    londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    140

    Thumbs up Security Lock

    Advertisement



    Hi everyone,

    I used to have a BB 7230, when it was turned on or unlocked I used to have a code to unlock the phone. I can't find this anywhere on the BB 8100 (Pearl). Where is this and how do I set it up??

    Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.

    thanks

    EDIT:

    I know the hold * lock but I want to add a password aswell as I leave it on my desk.

    my 7230had this but I can't find it on my 8100

  2. #2
    bbriand's Avatar
    bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    170

    Re: Security Lock

    A search on this forum should turn up the answers. In fact read the first two links at the top of this thread under the section titled: "Similar Threads for: Security Lock..." has the solution I think you're looking for.

    Good luck
    Bill

  3. #3
    Chad007's Avatar
    Chad007 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25

    Re: Security Lock

    Hi and welcome.
    To lock you Pearl, simply press and hold the * button for 1.5 seconds. LOCKED.
    To unlock it, press * the the call button (green shape of a phone).
    You can also Hold the button on top of your phone to put the pearl on standby. Press it again to get out of standby mode.
    Let us know if you need more help. ENJOY the PEARL
    Chad
    Thanks,
    Chad

  4. #4
    londonmandan's Avatar
    londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    140

    Re: Security Lock

    Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    A search on this forum should turn up the answers. In fact read the first two links at the top of this thread under the section titled: "Similar Threads for: Security Lock..." has the solution I think you're looking for.

    Good luck
    Bill
    I've just read them and they don't help me

    I just wanna add a password to it when the keyboard locks. I can see the enable and diable but can't see where to chage the password and I don't wanna enable it coz I don't know what the default one is lol

  5. #5
    bbriand's Avatar
    bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    170

    Re: Security Lock

    The first post in the 2nd link tells you where to set the password:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_disable.html

  6. #6
    Chad007's Avatar
    Chad007 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25

    Re: Security Lock

    In that case,
    1. go to menu
    2. go to options
    3. go to security options
    4. go to general settings
    5. where it says password select and press ENABLE.
    6. then it will ask you to enter a new password.
    7. you then got it.
    good luck
    Thanks,
    Chad

  7. #7
    londonmandan's Avatar
    londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    140

    Re: Security Lock

    Quote Originally Posted by bbriand
    The first post in the 2nd link tells you where to set the password:
    Thanks

  8. #8
    londonmandan's Avatar
    londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    140

    Re: Security Lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad007
    In that case,
    1. go to menu
    2. go to options
    3. go to security options
    4. go to general settings
    5. where it says password select and press ENABLE.
    6. then it will ask you to enter a new password.
    7. you then got it.
    good luck
    sorted

    thanks

  9. #9
    bbriand's Avatar
    bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    170

    Re: Security Lock

    Glad to see you got it working.

    Bill

  10. #10
    bird2920's Avatar
    bird2920 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    65

    Re: Security Lock

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    Mine will not give me an option to change or reset/set a password.

    Anyone know where to fix?

    I know it is posted somewhere else here... Just can't find it...

    Thanks in advance

    Bird2920

  11. #11
    Lavagirl's Avatar
    Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Posts
    10,877

    Re: Security Lock

    Quote Originally Posted by bird2920 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    Mine will not give me an option to change or reset/set a password.

    Anyone know where to fix?

    I know it is posted somewhere else here... Just can't find it...

    Thanks in advance

    Bird2920
    The steps in post #6 up above don't work for you?

  12. #12
    bird2920's Avatar
    bird2920 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    65

    Re: Security Lock

    I tried those, all it does it enables and disables.. never gives me a password dialog/message where I can enter or change my password.

    Thanks for clarifying.

  13. #13
    Bluebell Wood's Avatar
    Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    282

    Re: Security Lock

    If you disable, save, it asks for password put in the old one then reenable you can put in a new password. Try it

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •