Hey guys is there an app. out there that let's me put a security passcode ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

peteriscool787 no está en línea Stack level 2

security app

Advertisement

Hey guys is there an app. out there that let's me put a security passcode on certain icons on my pearl. For example I would need to put in a security pascode in order to get into emails or text.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: security app

Quote Originally Posted by peteriscool787
    Hey guys is there an app. out there that let's me put a security passcode on certain icons on my pearl. For example I would need to put in a security pascode in order to get into emails or text.
    As far as I know (please correct me, if anyone knows otherwise) you have two choices....

1. Set your bb up to auto lock after set period of time. If anyone tried to guess your password, and get's it wrong ten times, all of your data will be wiped clean.

2. Get one of the serveral programs whic allow you to encrypt certain info, such as credit card numbers, passwords, etc. Several of these provide desktop software, which can be used to enter/backup/modify the confidential info you want protected. I"m familiar with SplashID, which I've used in it's Palm incarnation, but haven't used in it's Blackberry version. In the Palm version, it's easy to add new info on your PC, then, when you backup, all info is transfered to the Palm. I assume it works as seamlessly on a bb.

There isn't, as far as I know, anything that would lock individual apps.