Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I was right, the device drivers were somehow deleted on my first attempt to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Second go at OS 4.5

Advertisement

So I was right, the device drivers were somehow deleted on my first attempt to upgrade, and I found a download that re-installed the drivers and yay!... my computer's finally able to read my device. SD Card and PIN. So I deleted 4.5 DM and reinstalled 4.3 and tested it out... it worked!

Re-downloaded DM 4.5 and went to install OS 4.5 and the DM didn't read it. It took me about 20 minuted to think, so I just decided to delete OS 4.3 and see if that helped. It didn't. I removed OS 4.5 from my computer and re-installed it, that didn't work. The DM isn't recognizing the 4.5 programs and apps, but the computer does say it's installed. And yes the vendor.xml is deleted.

I'm having massive memory leaks and some fellow stackers told me OS 4.5 has solved the leakage problems on my 8120, so how do I get it installed? I'm going from memory here, but this is what I've done so far:

1. deleted vendor.xml file

2. installed dm and os 4.5

3. delete anything related to 4.3

4. connect device and select add/remove apps on dm

But the 4.5 apps aren't being listed in my app loader. Please I need help really bad!!!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Well I answered my own question, I was looking in the wrong folder for the vendor.xml, I guess it re-installed with something I just installed, so deleted that and DM read the upgrades...

Now for the sad news... Justin's Blackberry 8120 passed away today at 5:08 PM Pacific Standard Time.

I don't know what happened. During the upgrade process, out of nowhere, a message popped up that said "A fatal error has occured during the upgrade process and..." I don't remember the exact words, but basically it couldn't do it.

This is the problem now, desktop manager won't read the device, much like the last time I tried upgrading the OS to 4.5

NOW, it's dead. No signal, no nothing.

No "SOS", no "x", no edge or EDGE or GSM or GPRS or anything. Nothing. Its dead and desktop manager can't read the PIN anymore, so am I screwed, is there a way to fix this. I am seriously HATING BLACKBERRYS RIGHT NOW!!!

STOOPID MEMORY SUCKING PIECE OS S*** BULLCRAP BLACKBERRY NOT WORKING, EATING ALL MY MEMORY, CRASHING ON OS UPGRADE, PIECE OF F****** S***!

THATS RIGHT! BLACKBERRY SAVED MY LIFE... AND NOW I HATE THE PIECE OF CRAP MONSTROSITY THATS BEEN GIVING ME NOTHING BUT TURMOIL AND GRIEF FOR THE LAST MONTH AND A HALF. NO WAY TO FIX IT BS CRAPFIELD-OVERPASS! I HATE IT NOW. I REALLY DO. I HATE BLACKBERRYS! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYTHING IT'S PUT ME THROUGH OVER THE LAST MONTH. YES I WAS A LOVER OF BLACKBERRYS, BUT I'M DONE! I SPENT $375 TO UPGRADE MY DEVICE TO THE 8120, AND NOW I'M DONE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH EVERYTHING!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP IN THIS FORUM!!! BUT I'M DONE. I'M EMAILLESS AND PHONELESS AND TMOBILE SUCKS OCTOPUS SCROTUM!!!
    Last edited by Justyn; 08-30-2008 at 09:28 PM.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Patience my friend. When you calm down, look at these links. One of them will work.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=5178

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=197

PIN/ID
    n/a
    I was given these links the first time this happened and they didn't work. But the first time didn't kill my blackberry, it still worked, just wouldn't hold memory. Deleting apps and themes didn't help, for the last 2 weeks it's been reading 0 bytes.

Now the device is dead. D-E-A-D! Doesn't work. I don't know how you people got 4.5 to work on your 8100s and 8300s let alone 8120s and 8310s and what not, seeing how the 8100 and 8300 are now obsolete models.

Over half the people in here have 4.5 and get to download cool new themes and brag about HTML emails, and now I'm stuck with a broken berry. Read my letters, it no longer works! What really pisses me off is I just finally got a wi-fi router yesterday and now I can't use it!!! Nice huh?!

Guess my SIM card's going into my LG Flip Phone, a normal phone with no email, crappy web-browsing, and NO PROBLEMS!!!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    does the screen show anything like error 507 or does it not even light up to do that?

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    n/a
    No the theme is displayed but I get no Data of Voice signals no matter what SIM card I use. In the upper right hand corner where it normally says EDGE or UMA or GPRS, says nothing. No bars indicating I'm getting any signal, nothing.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    ok I know you haven't had the best luck.
    but......

have you tried using crackmem? you can brick your phone (take EVERYTHING off) and do a totally new install it sounds like DM 4.5 is no good for you use DM 4.3 you should not have any problems.
    if you have the file you downloaded for the DM and your new OS keep those and erase everything else. start with a fresh install
    first your DM then your OS

after that delete vendor.xml
    (just in case, go here: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader"

open DM
    then hook up your BB run crackmem and choose brick my phone (this will erase EVERYTHING) leave the phone plugged in and the DM should take over when the phone starts back up and it should load the new OS onto your phone.

I can't promise that this will work for you but it has worked for me in the past.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

also (just in case) go here for a new version of OS 4.5 if you didn't get it there already
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~again,whats the use of this info when i cant use my blackberry to do anything? Its dead unless someone can explain how to get my device working again and stop telling me to connect it to the desktop manager when the device itself no longer working

do you need to activate it?
    you may need to get the activation code from your carrier
    I was able to do this online with sprint
    if you have totally wiped everything off of your phone it may be that it needs to be re-activated to your account. give that a shot you never know
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 08-31-2008 at 12:58 AM.

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~gsm carriers dont need an activation code, a simple sim card pull and reinsertion will do that, which ive already tried. Nice guess though.

Sorry never used a sim card
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Okay okay okay... so who's the world's most biggest idiotic loudmouthed pompus-butthole???!!!

Yeah me.

I had some memo's stored on my Berry that I had to get typed up and printed out, so seeing how I couldn't use it for a phone or web access, I figured just copy down the memos I need and that be it.

Now I accidently go to Status instead of my Memos. Don't ask me what prompted me to do this, because I don't know. But in Status where it says Signal, it read "Radio Off."

So lightning seemed to have struck my brain at that very moment, and I went to Manage Connections (which I probably should have done not seeing any signal going through, but didn't).

And low and behold, Mobile Network was turned off, explaining why I didn't get my GPRS or EDGE or edge... then Wi-FI was off which was the reason it was no longer reading my router. So I turned them both on... seconds later arrows are flashing, indicating signals were coming in at my WIFI speeds.

Now you have to know where I'm coming from, just finally got my computer to read my Berry after a month, tried to re-install OS 4.5 again, a crazy error came up that said "A fatal error has occured." How would you read that? Fatal? Dead? Not seeing any signal come through. Yeah so I thought my Berry was gone.

I would like to make some formal appologies here for jumping the gun and getting all upset at my Berry and the people trying to help me out...

Appologies to the Stacks for badmouthing a Blackberry in the most popular Blackberry forum on the web.

Appologies to those who I was snoody and sarcastic with in this thread, I was angry and shouldn't have taken it out on those trying to help.

Appologies to my Blackberry, I said I hated it but I just really missed it. (Withdrawels from not using it in 7 hours is killer!)

And to this dude luciferseamus, dude the name scares me, but you mentioned using Desktop Manager 4.3 to install OS 4.5? I thought you had to upgrade to the newest DM before installing a new OS... I just want to confirm that I read the post right and make sure with the experts in here... can I install OS 4.5 using DM 4.3?

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I have been trying to upgrade from 4.3 to 4.3 for a long time now, but I haven't gotten any luck witg just downloading it. Everytime I try downloading it, the server gives me an error saying that the site blocks the download, I have tried it with every internet program that I know of, but u
    No luck at all

Can anyone help?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Justyn: Next time it will be easier when you brick your phone. And the next time after that, it will be even easier. Sucks you have to go to hell to get to heaven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast