Why is that when I want to see my F names in the address book, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

daveblack001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Searching the Address Book

Advertisement

Why is that when I want to see my F names in the address book, I press the DF key and get D's followed by F's. Even after pressing the DF key again so that F is on the Find Line, it still shows D names followed by F names. Is there no way to see names that start with the second letter on each key? Naturally this happens with all of the mulit-lettered keys. Can anyone please help with this?

Thank you,
    Dave

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Searching the Address Book

Welcome Dave!

it is what it is man. sorry. there's no fix for it. guess it's just one of those things on a suretype BB.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I believe if you hold the key for a second or two the second letter will show up.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

daveblack001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, maybe it is one of those things with SureType, but what about when I can get the second letter (in this case F) to the Find line? it still displays D's followed by F's. Holding down the key does not seem to help, it just capitalizes the letter.

More thoughts?
    Dave

mak4a2veli0 no está en línea Stack level 2

The only thing to do besides scrolling from D's to F's is when you hit the df button and bring both up, use the ball and scroll back and delete the D. Then only F's are remaining. Sucks but only thing I can think of.
    <center><b><big><font color=red>Holla atcha boy...</b></big></font></center>

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

yeah, i meant the whole searching address book thing is just something we all have to get used to dealing with.

there's no fix. we just get to scroll.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

When I go into my contacts and press the 4 key (d/f) twice, it gives me all names which start with an F. If I tap it once, it gives me all names which start with a D.

Not sure why mine is working the way I assume you'd like yours to work...

????

ERidge5950 no está en línea Stack level 1

yo i feel like an idiot, i am new to this website, how do i post a new topic?
    or if anyone can help me, i have a macbook, yet i cannot seem to get the blackberry software on it, can anyone help? sorry for the topic change everybody

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

ERidge
    Go to the top of this page, and click on where it says "Blackberry Pearl 8100"

This takes you to the top of the thread, where you'll see a link on the left hand side, in a box (I believe) which says "Start New Thread"... click on that!

Good luck, and welcome!