Hi all, I have checked and checked all kinds of forums, including the endless number ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

marcuzi no está en línea Stack level 2

Searched for hours can't find fix

Advertisement

Hi all,
    I have checked and checked all kinds of forums, including the endless number of posts on this website that come up with various search terms, still no answer to:

Why does my 8130 not sync the calendar in outlook?

Background info:
    v 4.3.0.66
    platform 3.1.0.35
    desk mgr v 4.2.0.14

All configs are set up properly as far as the desktop manager sync tabs are concerned.
    I have reinstalled os already, does import to BB fine, all items Notes, Tasks, Contacts, Calendar. After this is done, I spend the day in meetings adding appointments to my bb and when I get home, as I watch the sync process, it COMPLETELY skips the calendar! Just syncs all the other elements I mentioned before. What gives?

Thanks for any input, -m

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

JNHohol no está en línea Stack level 1
    I won't be anymore help then you have already had, but I had problems with my calendar syncing when I was connecting both my Pocket PC and my 8100 BB. It wouldn't skip syncing it though, it would just freeze on one of the calendar appointments. I just re-installed the Desk Mgr. and everything worked fine.

I'm using a Sprint 8130 currently and haven't had any issues with syncing. I'm also using Outlook 2002 which I read somewhere isn't suppose to work with Desk Mgr. 4.3, but it has for me.

I have not deleted any of the CICAL's from the service book, but I don't do any wireless syncing. I have only synced with the Desk Mgr.

Has your calendar ever synced?

I would also try updating to the newest version of both the Desk Mgr. & 8130 OS and see if that does anything. I am using both, 4.3 came with my BB and I upgraded the OS.

Sorry I can't help any further.

DB,
    Thanks for the reply. I have read that post and have come across several REALLY good posts by you.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case for me: I only have one e-mail account and do not currently use it on my BB. Actually, I see no CICAL service book entries at all...

I read somewhere that Windows Live type stuff can affect this but that was also refering to CICAL entries...

FYI: My DM default only sees Outlook option

Thanks anyway JNHohol, I will try to reinstall a new combo of DM and OS when I get home tonight, maybe that's it.

OK so no CICAL problems and no matter what OS and DM vers I use the thing keeps crapping out...

SO, I think to myself is there anything I haven't checked yet? any stone unturned? Well, there was: the actual RIM website. And so I fidured out that after every new install I put my backed up files on again. WELL GUESS WHAT? A corrupt task or calendar was the problem! I kept putting it back the corrupt files onto my handheld!!!

I basically followed this page, except for where it says "follow these steps" I just wiped the damn thing. Made sure I erased the old B/U files so I wouldn't install anything wonky back again.

I do love my BB but I did have to manually copy nearly 20 appointments out of my BB calendar into my Outlook before wiping it... Works like a charm now!

Cheers, m

oops and by *this page* I meant this one: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20111384613

If an admin comes across this thread can you just delete it, pls. Kinda embarassing having a convo with yourself in public ...
    ...maybe just add the part of with the corrupt task or calendar appointment can cause calendar not to sync to some FAQ...

ok, no more replies to myself, promise

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Sorry but we like to leave threads open for other members to learn from
    Glad you got it to work.

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    Hey don't be embarrased. All you did was create a walk through~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JNHohol no está en línea Stack level 1
    Its always nice to hear when someone finds the answer to a frustrating problem.

MrDJ921 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is what I do and it is very convenient for me.

3 steps!

1. Sign up for plaxo, it is free. Have it start to sync your calender etc.

2. Get a gmail account and have plaxo sync your calender with gmail.

3. On your blackberry install google sync via www.google.com on your browser, click on gmail maps and more.

Google will sync your calender with gmail which is syncing your outlook via plaxo.

Once yahoo go is able to do a contact sync, you can set up a similar connection to sync your address book.

It is kinda a lot to get ota calender without being on a bes but it is worth it

Hmmm,

I worry about Plaxo. I have tried it in the past (only for my pc) and it the spam never stopped!

Can anyone, possibly from pinstack, substantiate that Plaxo is safe and without spy-/ad-/crapware ?

Cheers, -m