Hi all--long time reader of the site, first time finally registering and posting (also a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bakasan no está en línea Stack level 1

SD Card not recognized?

Advertisement

Hi all--long time reader of the site, first time finally registering and posting (also a brand new blackberry user).

Ran into a slight problem. I popped my MicroSD card from my Samsung T809 that has a few short mp3 ringtines and a large amount of wallpapers on it. Was hoping to just point over to those ringtones for use on my new phone. Problem is that my Pearl doesn't seem to recognize my card. Advanced Options > Media Card gives the message "MEdia card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted".

The card is only 64MB so it's not hitting the 2GB size limit. The card is perfectly usable on my T809 as well as on my laptop when used in a SD adapter.

Is there any special steps I need to take in order to format this for use w/ RIM devices? Or could this just be the possibility that it's not seated properly in my phone (although I've tried removing and reinstalling the MicroSD card in the Pearl a dozen times now)?

Thanks!

williev01ros no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202DC18F

Re: SD Card not recognized?

Halo there. according to my knowledge different devices uses different operating systems. That is the reason why you cannot take a memmory card out of one device t809 and put it in your BB. my suggestion is to save all the data that is on the card to your pc and then format the card to work on yoyr BB load the data back and then you will be able to use it. if you want to use it again in your t809 you will have to reformat again. The best will be to get another card and then transfer the data using your PC

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Like mentioned above. Put the MP3 on the computer, wipe the card, then put back on the card.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Not sure if its still on sale but Compusa had 1gb sandisk microSD on sale for 45 and then a 10 rebate. I know you want to use the old one to fly here's an option for you!
    Good luck!

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem as well, took my SD from my t809 and put it in my pearl and it gave me the unrecognized message. Im afraid they are right. BTW t809 was too delicate, one drop annihilated the screen.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bakasan and supraz, Welcome to PinStack.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: SD Card not recognized?

Thank you sir. I just found the board yesterday on google news actually. I have been anticipating the release for about a week or so and would daily search google news for new info on the phone. Love the board full of great info and will be stopping by regularly.

Wanderer no está en línea Stack level 1

Fry's has the Kingston 1 gb for 29.95. I got mine last night.

nard04 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem but I will format the card in the black pearl and see what happens... thanks

fbriceno97 Guest

Welcome aboard!

You can format de SD as follow on your BB:
    Go to options -> advance options -> media card, then press menu key and choose format.

nard04 no está en línea Stack level 1

got it to work, thanks......

fbriceno97 Guest

Glad we were able to help you...

Cheers

jhustla86 no está en línea Stack level 1

i did that same thing you said fbriceno97 but it keep saying media card format failed any ideas??

charlieczw no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi
    My brother in South Africa has just given me his old BB8310. Living in Zimbabwe, I had to get the BB unblocked as it was on a Vodafone South Africa Contract. Since the phone has been unblocked, I cannot get the Desktop manager (Ver 4.2.2.14) to see my SD card. I can syncronize all my outlook applications but cannot transfer any music, ringtones etc. on the Sd Card. Media card support is on, Mass storage mode is on. Enable mass storage mode = Prompt. My BB sees the card as having around 964MB free. It seems like my desktop manager can see the BB's internal memory but not the SD Card. I have downloadd the BB storage activation New.rar file as recommended by another user and run the .bat file but to no avail! I have tried looking at the SD card on my laptop using a micro sd adapter but it says that my 1gig card is a 512 card and even then, it asks to format it but can't. Any suggestions??

Regards

Charlie

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Charlie, since your computer recognizes your card, save any data you want, format it IN YOUR BB then it should work. Is it possible the card is defective? Since your computer recognizes it onlyb as a 512, I wonder. But then, reformatting in your BB should correct that if your card is OK.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100