I have lost the ability to scroll left with my trackball. Any thoughts on how ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2

Scrolling Problems

Advertisement

I have lost the ability to scroll left with my trackball. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem. I installed the updated software today and that did not work. It totally destroyed my phone at first, rendering it completely useless. Today i tried again and I can at least turn the phone on, but still cannot scroll left.
    Thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Scrolling Problems

Quote Originally Posted by smarkow
    I have lost the ability to scroll left with my trackball. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem. I installed the updated software today and that did not work. It totally destroyed my phone at first, rendering it completely useless. Today i tried again and I can at least turn the phone on, but still cannot scroll left.
    Thanks
    If it is under warranty just save yourself the headache and get it exchanged through your carrier. If it is out of warranty, because this can and probably will void the warranty follow this thread. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.html

smarkow no está en línea Stack level 2

THanks. I just received the replacement phone. And of course, just before getting the replacement, the scrolling started to work again.
    but, now i have a new phone without all the scratches

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by smarkow
    THanks. I just received the replacement phone. And of course, just before getting the replacement, the scrolling started to work again.
    but, now i have a new phone without all the scratches
    Murphey's law #168: as soon as you get a replacement it starts working

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this is an issue you're going to experience again. I suggest using a case, skin, or pouch to carry your device in, and learn how to clean your trackball and its socket. Your carrier will eventually stop replacing your device for free.trackball removal and cleaning is relatively easy once you do it the first time. Just go slow and be gentle and you'll be fine.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If it happens again, a little application of canned air will usually get it working again.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~