please help someone!! i bought a bb pearl off someone at work then tried to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

odowdster96 no está en línea Stack level 1

screen went white when tightened screws!! help!!

Advertisement

please help someone!! i bought a bb pearl off someone at work then tried to change the face plate, when i screwed the screws back in the screen turned all white. now since i dont have warranty what do i do?????????????????????????????? please help! the phone still works i know this cause i can answer calls and send out going calls but i cant see any thing on the screen...

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Have you tried loosening the screws?
    -Tim

yup, i tried loosening and taking out completely, i have heard of a lot of people having the same problem.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    odowdster96, take it apart cuz the keypad/screen can be removed and u might of pulled out the cable/slip cuz when i did the color over the keyboard ledlights i had pulled it out and didnt see and the keypad didnt work and had to take it all apart again and plug it back in,cuz if the screen was shot u would know and sound like it may of come out a bit, and im sure u can replace the screen so that could be the prob

thanks brian, im not very savy with this stuff? lol is there somewhere i can take it where they could do it? seeing as how i caused the damage trying to change the faceplate i will likely cause further damage.....

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Look for a cellphone repair shop in your area.. I don't know if computer places will do it.
    -Tim

PIN/ID
    just ask
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxMmsrnwfU

well u can watch that video and if u dont think u can do it then ask someone with good hands and who is good with takin stuff apart, but if u watch that video u will see what they are talking about, and cuz u got the phone from someone at your work they may have takin it apart before so ya

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Look for a cellphone repair shop in your area.. I don't know if computer places will do it.

um some corner shops will, if the person is nice lol but ya u would be better to go to a cell phone place but make sure the person knows of the blackberry cuz they can end up doin more stuff to the phone and u might never get it goin lol

PIN/ID
    just ask
    also if u watch that video its around 2:45/2:50 where he talks about the ribbon k thats what u will need to look at

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    This was an issue way back when. It had something to do with a wire touching the metal holding the screen in place. It was causing a short. I'm mobile right now, but look for a thread about White screen of death solution. I'll try to find it also.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I think so...lol

still mobile...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If the LCD flex shifts even a hair it can cause the backlighting or the LCD or both to fail. Be careful if you do the repair and don't break the lock that holds the flex in place when you lift it up to realign the flex cable.

Zo