Upon startup, the screen shows a picture of a battery with a red slash through ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jphuffs no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen shows battery with red slash

Advertisement

Upon startup, the screen shows a picture of a battery with a red slash through it and quits. I assume that means the battery is bad. Concur?

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Screen shows battery with red slash

How long have you had the device? never seen that before. Does it stay on for period of time at all? Welcome to pinstack btw!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by jphuffs
    Upon startup, the screen shows a picture of a battery with a red slash through it and quits. I assume that means the battery is bad. Concur?
    Concur!

shimey no está en línea Stack level 2

Have you plugged it in to AC? My brother in law's phone (that got dunked) did that after I took it apart. Went away after I plugged it in though.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im confused...is the phone actually powering on after this display or no?

JayK no está en línea Stack level 2

Okay I think I was the first to post this about 2 months ago. I Have 2 Pearls that did this, I got new batteries for both and it fixed the problem, well for a little while, Its not the batteries, its the 4 metal prongs that go into the battery. You need to push on the 4 prongs and kind of bend them back and forth. As my new batteries worked fine till I had to do a battery pull and then it happened again to me. So i found its not the batteries its the prongs. When i moved and played with the prongs and put the battery back in the phone powered up just fine. This has happened a couple of times to me since the new batteries and it seems to fix the problem. Hope this helps

So I think theres a problem with the prongs. I dont think Rim had intended for us to do so many battery pulls to fix problems, so I think the prongs get messed up, and or a loose conection inside. Im using the program that lets you do a full power down with out pulling the battery and havent had this problem any more.
    Your Life over Radio Waves,...Makes you think..."privacy"...

Quote Originally Posted by madetosink
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im confused...is the phone actually powering on after this display or no?
    Yes the phone is on but it just shows a battery with a red line through it. Acks like the battery is dead. Which isn't the case because if you leave the phone on with this problem it will have power for 3 days or more. So i know its not the battery being bad. because it couldn't stay on for that long it the battery was bad. Its the battery prongs.

Bump