I searched, but found nothing about a screen magnifier for the BB Pearl. I'm looking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

Question screen magnifier?

Advertisement

I searched, but found nothing about a screen magnifier for the BB Pearl. I'm looking for a scrollable "bubble" like I've seen for desktop screens. When you scroll the cursor the selected item expands and becomes larger. Any other options out there?

I love the screen, but in low light situations this would be very handy. Thanks. This is a great site and is making my Pearl a lot more enjoyable.

Happy New Year!

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: screen magnifier?

I have not seen anything on this either. I agree it would be nice to have. I think we are going to have to wait for them to get their act together and offer a fix for this dumb issue with the auto dim. I'm sure they will in time. I was also thinking the other day about potentially and external attachment to the phone that would magnify the size of the screen. Most time needed would be when watching video's. I wonder if anyone else out there thought about this??

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

mbarlow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E81EC0

Re: screen magnifier?

Yes, I've played with the font sizes and types and that helps, but it would be great to have a key combination that would allow me to use the cursor to magnify a section of the screen (like a horizontal "bar"). There has to be a hack or program out there that can do this. The screen is very small. This would be a great addition to lots of small screen devices. My eyes are pretty good and I have trouble seeing some of the letters and icons on the screen. Thanks