I have a Perl 8100 (4.2.0.71) and the auto-lighting scheme is truly poor. In direct ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

elomon no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen Light Issues

Advertisement

I have a Perl 8100 (4.2.0.71) and the auto-lighting scheme is truly poor. In direct sunlight, the light does not come on and the screen is drowned by the external light. This makes the peal useless outside.

Things I have tried:
    Options-Screen/Keyboard - some models have an 'auto brightness' switch; this BB does not.
    BBLight - installed and it does not work on this model; there is no change.

Any ideas on how to force the light to come on? I would prefer to have it on all the time and would settle for pressing a button & making it come on like my old 7780.

Thanks.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Screen Light Issues

elomon, welcome to the stacks. the only way to regain control over your backlight is to upgrade your os to 4.2.1.66 this os has a control over autodim, some people found the os a little buggy, read the threads about it beforehand.
    hope this helped ya a little
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

elomon no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the tip on the OS, I'll check it out.

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

i'm sure it's just me, but i bricked my 8100 twice after upgrading to 4.2.1.66. i'm sure it's an incompatibility with a 3rd party app i have. so, i've uninstalled everything except a couple of themes, and the google services. and, i've left my os at 4.2.0.64. i'm just sayin', is all...