Hey, I recently was confronted by the beloved screen of death on my Pearl. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

felixcarrera66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen of Death issue fixed, though plagued by mysterious problem

Advertisement

Hey, I recently was confronted by the beloved screen of death on my Pearl. I followed a great walkthrough and reinstalled the OS, which brought the phone back to life wonderfully. However, I'm still plagued with a mysterious problem that was bothering me before the screen of death ever appeared. My Pearl will spontaneously reset itself at its whim. It seems to be rather unprompted, and I have no idea what's the deal with this. At any random time, the screen will will turn dark and the LED turns red and blinks at slow intervals. This sometimes goes on for a minute or sometimes for up to hours. The phone then will attempt to start back up, I get the familiar gray screen with the hourglass and then the AT&T symbol. The home screen appears and there is a progress bar that says "Verifying Security Software", which loads up for a couple seconds and then says "Security Tests Passed". The phone will then appear to be in working order, but it will remain in its working condition for anywhere from 10 seconds to like 4 days, usually shorter intervals though. I'm pretty irritated by the problem and I'm extremely reluctant to buy a new one. The snitch stickers in the back of the phone are both pink/red, although this doesn't seem much like a water damage issue to me, unless there is a corroded contact or something internally. Of course, this does mean that my warranty is void so a new one will cost me $300. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated, I can't go back to a non Blackberry after learning to love it!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you recall downloading anything before this problem occurred? If so, what was it?

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    BTW. The red/pink stickers on the phone and the battery are not supposed to be one color throughout. There should be little X marks throughout. If its one color then its water damage and (from what I understand) all bets are off.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Also sd cards can cause reboots. Try reformating it or taking it out completly. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was just recently having this same problem with my 8320 I had to send it in and get a new one thriough warrenty exchange

felixcarrera66 no está en línea Stack level 1

daaamn

Even at the time of the Screen of Death, I had never downloaded anything to the BB, let alone ever even connected it to my computer. The first time I connected it to the computer was to solve the SoD problem, when I completely reinstalled the operating system, a process in which the desktop software formatted the phone first and I lost all information that wasn't on the SIM card. I would've imagined that this would solve the problem, but it hasn't. Also, the warranty is positively void because the AT&T store fool told me it was.

vnssllyn no está en línea Stack level 1

screen show dark

I have blackberry pearl 8100 from tmobile. I have same problem with screen showing dark when turn on start regular but only can see the button or anything hold under light. I don't know if phone has water damage I look at battery and there red line under battery. I have been taking the battery and sms card out let phone set over night. the screen come back on but when put sd card 2g in the phone. The screen goes back to black screen. I have format the sd card and now can't get phone to connect to my computer. It give a message saying the usb cord is not support basically telling have wrong cord. I use same cord to upload music on to my sd card. I have back up address book and ringtone pic on the sd card and phone working fine. After tried set the ringtone to phone tune and all the ringtone where on my sd card. So when start set phone tune the phone slow start to turn black. It now flash the screen light then goes back to a black screen. I took the sd card out still the screen won't come back on. i can make phone calls and recieve calls i just can't see my screen.