So i got my BB pearl like 4 days ago and i noticed my screen ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearlboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB25B5

Question Screen brightness on the PEARL

Advertisement

So i got my BB pearl like 4 days ago and i noticed my screen goes from bright to dim. i checked the screen brightness and it said 100. but sometimes when i pull my phone out of my pocket the screen is bright for a bit and then it will turn off and go back to dim. does anyone know what i should to to make my screen stay bright. i hate watching videos on my BB pearl and the screen is too dim. please help

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Re: Screen brightness on the PEARL

im guessing your phone came with the newest Operating System update available. if so you may not be able to adjust screen brightness. i dunno i got my pearl in sept and read some of the posts where ppl were made because of this exact issue. i never downloaded the update (so i can change brightness) you may be able to "revert" to an older Operating System, i'm not sure though... question for the other pearlers out there, when you updated...was it all in the desktop manager software (update i mean) if so maybe someone with the older OS could help ppl downgrade and enjoy the freedom of screen brightness choice. i dunno just a thought

oh welcome to the stacks by the way

PIN/ID
    23EB25B5

Question Re: Screen brightness on the PEARL

hey thanks for the help. does anyone out there know how to give me the older OS so that i can make my screen brighter?

PIN/ID
    23EB25B5

hey since you have the older os is it the cd that comes with the Pearl that i would need that could upload the older os?

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

The problem that you have is that with the new OS update they have something on it that makes the screen adjust the dimness based on what the lighting is where you are. So if your in a dark place it is different than if you were in a light place. The only way I know of to fix this is to downgrade to an older OS. I'm not sure which one doesn't have this new feature but I'm sure someone will come along with your answer.

Hope this helped,

COJO 24

PIN/ID
    23EB25B5

thank you, for the info, does anyone know how to get me the older OS ???? anyone out there?

dbldmd1 no está en línea Stack level 2

This comes up over and over, you would think that RIM would realize that their stupid "auto dim" feature ticks us off.

As far as I know, if you are on version 4.2.0.42 then you can go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and turn off "auto dim".

Every Subsequent OS since 4.2.0.42 has took away the option to turn off "auto dim". Considering most people are on V4.2.0.69 or .71 - the chances of finding .42 is slim. I don't have it or would be happy to share it with you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Someone had a link to a site that still had 4.2.0.42, but I can't find the post now. You might try searching PinStack for it. You might have better luck than I did.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Someone had a link to a site that still had 4.2.0.42, but I can't find the post now. You might try searching PinStack for it. You might have better luck than I did.

Rcbjr.
    I found the link but even that one didnt work, so I didnt want to post it here. I tried looking everywhere for the OS and it's so hard to find. Tmo's website doesnt work either, they should of done something by now it been a long time.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Peter, From the reports I've read, TMO took 4.2.0.42 off of their site anyway.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Peter, From the reports I've read, TMO took 4.2.0.42 off of their site anyway.

Rcbjr.
    Ow ic, the last time I checked (when the website was still working) they had it there, I guess not anymore. In that case it doesnt make any diff if the website works or not lol

PIN/ID
    23EB25B5

man i was hoping i could get the old OS..
    *cries
    why would they be that stupid to take the auto dim option off. dumb
    if anyone can find the link for the old OS please please please post it. as for right now im gonna search for it