Ok, so i went to plug in my charger on my BB and the port ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Optical Toxin no está en línea Stack level 1

Scratched lens

Advertisement

Ok, so i went to plug in my charger on my BB and the port broke, the male charger part went up and scratched the screen like no other. I think it just scratched the lens, and not the LCD. would there be discoloration if I scratched the LCD itself? i'm hoping i can fix the mistake by purchasing a $35 replacement lens. if you want, i can take a picture of it to show the damage done.

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Scratched lens

Yes there would be discoloration if you scratched the lcd but I would look into having someone replace the lense for you unless you have some sort of knowledge with doing it your self~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Optical Toxin no está en línea Stack level 1

nah, i can do it myself if there's a write-up somewhere. i work with my hands with almost all of my interests, taking the phone apart wouldn't be a hassle for me.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i'd look around the stacks before jumping that way... i've seen a few posts bragging about a few plastics polishes, some intended for automotive uses, that might be able to help.

and, tiny scratches in the lens can produce a prizm like effect that appear as discoloration...
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

displex works wonders