Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got a scratch on my screen, How can i get rid of it?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Scratch..

Advertisement

I just got a scratch on my screen, How can i get rid of it?

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

Re: Scratch..

get bestskinever at bestskinever.com im sure it will cover the scratch and its only 5 maybe 6 bucks with tax

PIN/ID
    217a1629

I don't want to put a skin on it, Because i hate those. I just want to get rid of this annoying scratch...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I have the perfect solution. I too dislike skins & screen protectors.

I use a product that is non abrasive, & will remove any scratch other than one that is extremely deep.

It's called Novus Plastic Polish & Scratch Remover.

Google it & you will be able to read all about it as well as order it.

I have used it for over four years on all kinds of scratched plastic items, not just clear. And I'm still using the original order as it lasts a very long time.

Novus consists of three plastic bottles.

#1) plastic cleaner & polish
    #2) plastic scratch remover for light scratches
    #3) plastic scratch remover for heavy scratches.

With these three you are all set.

In fact the first thing I do with any new phone is to clean & polish the display lens. This coats it with a protective layer & makes it even glossier which enhances the colors. It also repells dust.
    ~via Red BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

another product is called icecream. was recomended it for my ipod.

PIN/ID
    217a1629

Thx guys, I will check out both of them.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I've also heard favorable reviews on Applesauce (~$20) and Displex (~$8). Worth checking out.

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

Why do some of you dislike the screen protectors? I applied the BestSkinsEver last week. I can't tell it's on there at all except for a few little waves in the screen when its off, otherwise I can't tell at all.

I'm just curious as to why you dislike them.

PIN/ID
    217a1629

I just don't like them, Plus i can rly see them. I'm not rly used to screen protectors and cases...

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by swbtsboy View Post
    Why do some of you dislike the screen protectors?.
    Speaking for myself, after trying many different brands I find that they eventually get cloudy or scratched and it's a pain to keep changing them. Especially when I've never scratched a screen on any of my phones because I keep them in cases that cover the screen. Using the vertical pouch type, the phone is very easy to remove quickly when it rings.

Also by polishing the phone display on day one, it looks even better than new. Very shiny & clear. I also used the polish on the red painted surfaces of my new 8310 and it brought out the rich color of the phone as well. In addition it repels skin oils, and dust.

Great Stuff!

laurie4563 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    I just got a scratch on my screen, How can i get rid of it?
    HEy,
    just buy a new lens, it costs like $10 bucks and you can change it... it'll look like new afterwards!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~cases and screen protectors are the best invention ever!! I have a clear silicone case, and a re-usable washable clear screen protector.....and thank goodness for those, cuz I dropped my phone moments after putting both on, I dropped my phone on my driveway and I got a pretty big scratch in the screen protector, good thing I bought 5 screen protectors so my phone is VERY well covered, never have to worry about that

Wegmans no está en línea Stack level 2

Honestly, you're going to think i'm crazy, and maybe i am, but this works for me

I transferred this trick from my car... I have a Jeep and get many scratches from brambles, tree branches, etc... some of them are bigger then this problem, but the smaller ones are fixed by simly rubbing the outside peel of a banana... i know what you're thinking, but it's free so you might as well try... this has worked for me on CDs that had a lot of scratches, and i just rubbed the banana peel on them and it definitely helped out.

'Clearly' this is a quick fix to something that may be a larger problem, but i thought i would throw in my suggestion because it is free and you don't lose anything by trying.. it honestly depends on the depth of the scratch... if it's reasonably deep, then I'm not sure if this will help!!

At the very least now you know how to get rid of small, light scratches on your car/truck/vehicle!!

All the best,

Wegmans

laurie4563 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
    Honestly, you're going to think i'm crazy, and maybe i am, but this works for me

I transferred this trick from my car... I have a Jeep and get many scratches from brambles, tree branches, etc... some of them are bigger then this problem, but the smaller ones are fixed by simly rubbing the outside peel of a banana... i know what you're thinking, but it's free so you might as well try... this has worked for me on CDs that had a lot of scratches, and i just rubbed the banana peel on them and it definitely helped out.

'Clearly' this is a quick fix to something that may be a larger problem, but i thought i would throw in my suggestion because it is free and you don't lose anything by trying.. it honestly depends on the depth of the scratch... if it's reasonably deep, then I'm not sure if this will help!!

At the very least now you know how to get rid of small, light scratches on your car/truck/vehicle!!

All the best,

Wegmans

I have heard about that, and it seems to work.. I have never tried, but people have said it works...

PIN/ID
    217a1629

With side of the skin do you have to use? lol i want to try this, Seems cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast