Okay before I had my school emails forwarded to Gmail. But I decided to just ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

School Email Problems?

Advertisement

Okay before I had my school emails forwarded to Gmail. But I decided to just put my school email address to be pushed onto my BB. I set it up on the Tmobile site and it said it registered and the mailbox showed up on my BB. So I get a email and it takes forever to arrive on my BB unlike when it was forwarded to Gmail. Is this normal? The schools email type is IMAP4, I believe.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: School Email Problems?

gmail is faster to receive emails on a bb for some reason, i get them on my bb before they show up on my computer lol

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gmail has a minute or so delay for me I get everything simultaniously with yahoo. The second it hits the yahoo account I get it on my phone

tj2311111 Guest

Yeah my Yahoo and Gmail take no time to get to my BB. But with my college email it takes at least 5 minutes to reach my BB. I look in my mailbox on my computer and the email has reached way before the BB gets it. So I dont know where is the problem.

ElSean no está en línea Stack level 2

My school account can be delayed up to 20 minutes, which doesn't bother me cause thats still more often than I'd be otherwise checking, but I know they claim with the new BIS, that it should be closer to instant.

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

if its just delayed - i would imagine it would be the schools network / mail server