How do you save messages to the media card. I am constantly getting the SIM ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

guyshmee no está en línea Stack level 1

Saving SMS messages to the media card

Advertisement

How do you save messages to the media card. I am constantly getting the SIM card is full message, I know I have more space then that. Please help.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Saving SMS messages to the media card

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think you can save them to you SD card.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Guyshmee. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

U sure u have more space than that? Try freeing your memory a little, delete the appls. u aint using also the demo song and video, maybe some phone contacts.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by guyshmee
    How do you save messages to the media card. I am constantly getting the SIM card is full message, I know I have more space then that. Please help.
    IF you're saving your SMS to your SIM then you can make it stop doing that by going

Options
    SMS Text
    Leave Messages on SIM Card: NO

Just choose no, and delete the SMS's then you will stop getting that message. If you have to save messages you can just select the message, hit menu and then save it. It'll get saved onto your phone and into the Saved message folder.

gergedan no está en línea Stack level 2

Very helpful! Thank you

Litho no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    IF you're saving your SMS to your SIM then you can make it stop doing that by going

Options
    SMS Text
    Leave Messages on SIM Card: NO

Just choose no, and delete the SMS's then you will stop getting that message. If you have to save messages you can just select the message, hit menu and then save it. It'll get saved onto your phone and into the Saved message folder.
    Shouldn't it save the sms messages to the pearl automatically? Mine get deleted all the time and I have it set to not save them on my sim card.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Litho
    Shouldn't it save the sms messages to the pearl automatically?
    Yes and No. It all depends on your settings. Yes it saves it on your phone (into the general message folder) but if you have your settings set to which it deletes messages after a certain period then the will be gone unless you manually go and save them. Or have it set to keep your messages forever.

There is no reason you should be saving SMS to your SIM unless you want to transfer them between phones. Your SIM has a very limited amount of space. It's better to have it on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Litho
    Mine get deleted all the time and I have it set to not save them on my sim card.
    You must have it set to delete after 15 days the shortest. or you're having a memory dump problem if it's deleting messages on it's own constantly.

Litho no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Yes and No. It all depends on your settings. Yes it saves it on your phone (into the general message folder) but if you have your settings set to which it deletes messages after a certain period then the will be gone unless you manually go and save them. Or have it set to keep your messages forever.

There is no reason you should be saving SMS to your SIM unless you want to transfer them between phones. Your SIM has a very limited amount of space. It's better to have it on your phone.

You must have it set to delete after 15 days the shortest. or you're having a memory dump problem if it's deleting messages on it's own constantly.
    That's odd because I had it set to keep forever and had it so it wouldn't save to sim. I did however have a bunch of pictures on my phone which I cleaned off it and moved some to my media card. It hasn't deleted any since then so we'll see how it does.

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Litho...
    Check your free file memory regularly. Autodeleted SMS is generally a symptom of low device memory. A battery pull usually restores leaked memory.
    HTH

PIN/ID
    STACK

Litho check this link out it should help you.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html