Just wondering it is possibile to have the pearl to , instead of deleting oldest ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

saving sms and mms to microsd?

Advertisement

Just wondering it is possibile to have the pearl to , instead of deleting oldest message, move the oldest message to a folder on the microsd? Might be a very good way to keep track of your conversations if you uses sms and mms heavily like I do.

P.S. How many messages can a pearl hold before it start to delete the oldest message?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: saving sms and mms to microsd?

Quote Originally Posted by curiouswill View Post
    Just wondering it is possibile to have the pearl to , instead of deleting oldest message, move the oldest message to a folder on the microsd? Might be a very good way to keep track of your conversations if you uses sms and mms heavily like I do.

P.S. How many messages can a pearl hold before it start to delete the oldest message?
    you can't store messages on the card. It'll hold a lot of messages, depends on how much free memory you have on the phone (check status).
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

You CAN'T save messages on mem card, you can only save Music, Pics & Vids on it

And there is an option for that (not to save on mem card)....Go to your SMS/MMS folder, hit Options>General Options>Keep Messages

But just be ware, if you have a lot of apps running and a lot of saved/stored messages, your phone could start deleting messages, call logs and emails because of LOW memory

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is not possible. You just better off sending it via email to an account.

Your pearl can hold a ton of messages depending on the types of messages, what other apications you have installed.

Basically keep an eye on your free space. Check the must read threads up top and in the common issues thread read #15.

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

Ok sound like i'll need to set up a new gmail address just for the messages. Any tips on how to be able to send all of my messages at once to the new gmail? Like I said, I gets tons of mms and sms so it would not be very practical to have to foward each and every messages individually.

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    sending your messages at once wont happen. One at a time is the only way. Also be sure to setup AutoBCC so your sent messages go to your gmail as well.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

TroyL65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241D7FF7
    I have 1 gb micro card and mine only holds like 40 texts then get message saying Sim card full. Anyway to make it hold more?