I am about to go into Verizon to have them look at a few things. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

UKFan643 no está en línea Stack level 2

Saving Settings

Advertisement

I am about to go into Verizon to have them look at a few things. One of them is a unresponsive trackball that keeps getting worse. I am thinking I might get a new phone, but I was wondering if there was a way to get all of my settings saved to place on the new phone. I am looking to keep my preferences, settings, signatures, profiles, etc. I do not use desktop manager since I have a Mac, so I don't know if there is anyway to do this. Thanks.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Saving Settings

ahh, yeah Mac - no go for backup's unless you have a Windows install CD laying around. If so you can use Parallels, VMWare, or boot camp to install Windows and Desktop Manager... otherwise sorry no luck for us.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    ahh, yeah Mac - no go for backup's unless you have a Windows install CD laying around. If so you can use Parallels, VMWare, or boot camp to install Windows and Desktop Manager... otherwise sorry no luck for us.

So desktop manager allows for this? I might have to finally break down and do parallels or boot camp and put windows on my beloved Mac. I didn't want to, but if I can save my settings it might be worth it.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Verizon should be able to do a swap of the BB info for you. They have always done it for me. The last time I had to do it I did it myself though since the tech guys were off that day (Sunday) and only customer service was available. Lucky for me I had my laptop with me.

Do you have a friend that has a laptop or PC to borrow for a few minutes?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

just this morning I did the same thing - returned my BB to Verizon for trackball problems (was brand new). All they did was transfer the contacts, nothing else. I didn't have the emails, settings, etc. I guess you could ask them specifically, but I was afraid they might charge me haha.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

I will try to use my buddies PC, but failing that, I guess I will just try Verizon. I'm just worried that if I go in there and ask the wrong person, they will say they can't do it. I never trust the CS or TS guys, no matter how reliable they have been in the past. I guess we'll see though...