hey - since the pearl has the micro sd card ... is it possible to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

saving documents on the pearl

Advertisement

hey - since the pearl has the micro sd card ... is it possible to save word documents to that chip and use it to forward, say resumes ... on the go?
    "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: saving documents on the pearl

I tink u can save em using your pc (drag n drop) but u wont be able to view em on your device. So basically u can use it as a flash drive to move files.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I don't think you will be able to access/forward from the device. You can save files on the card by cut/paste or drag/drop method - but you are literally using the device to transport it from pc to pc. (storage device)
    Now if you had a Microsoft word application (bought) then you might be able to. I've been using mine to transport docs from work to home. I even saved the pearl .42 os on it and brought it home to put on pc here.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you store your doc, xls, pdf on your card, you can send them. I update my card weekly with files from My Documents on my computer and send them all the time. Compose an email, and click the trackball. From there, scroll down to attach file, and select media card, and find the file your looking for. Keep in mind, if you're on a BES, you may not be able to if your BES Admin has this restricted, or hasn't set up this. But you can always do it from one of your BIS(personal email) addresses, providing that the file isn't too big. I do it every day good luck and let us know how it goes!

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Toddboy71, where do you save the file on your bb? Do you save it to the media card/pictures folder or what?

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

I was curious about this too. Also, are there any rumors that RIM is going to allow people to view docs natively without having to get them as attachments. As a long time Palm user, I find it amazing that this great BB device is so restrictive.