I have a 2Gig card in my pearl,am I able to ave files like a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gymkapp1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Saving data

Advertisement

I have a 2Gig card in my pearl,am I able to ave files like a zip drive does or can you only download music,photos,and apps? I mean I f i have a word document or an excel folder can i save it on a folder on the phone to download it to another comp later?

Re: Saving data

An additional question,is there a program that enables you to open and view microsoft office programs?

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

a microSD card is a microSD card. you can put any files in it that you want, even those not recognized by the pearl. you won't be able to do anything with them on the phone, but you'll be able to plug it into another computer and transfer them over. so yes, you can use your phone like a flash thumbdrive

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Anfrey is correct. For Microsoft office viewing just use the built in capabilities. This assumes you are on a corporate BES. It can open .doc, .xls, .ppt, and .pdf.

Assuming you aren't on a BES, you can view/edit exel files with Simprit's Grid Magic. I use the expired free trial because I only need to view Excel.

Stay away from Dynoplex eOffice. They claim to do Word and Excel and more. Unfortunately their marketing is great but the product is garbage.

To show Powerpoint directly from your blackberry to a projector via Bluetooth is Showmate (I forget the rest of the name). Unless your company is very loose with security policies on Blackberry devices it won't work.

thank you so much for all the info,i almost went with eoffice,but i am going to download Simprit's nowhopefully it will be very easy to do and put on my blackberry.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Anfrey is correct. For Microsoft office viewing just use the built in capabilities. This assumes you are on a corporate BES. It can open .doc, .xls, .ppt, and .pdf.

Assuming you aren't on a BES, you can view/edit exel files with Simprit's Grid Magic. I use the expired free trial because I only need to view Excel.

Stay away from Dynoplex eOffice. They claim to do Word and Excel and more. Unfortunately their marketing is great but the product is garbage.

To show Powerpoint directly from your blackberry to a projector via Bluetooth is Showmate (I forget the rest of the name). Unless your company is very loose with security policies on Blackberry devices it won't work.
    thanx for the info I also was considering buying it, nice to know.