Howdy, I've read that you can save email attachments to the MicroSD card on the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zipperchan no está en línea Stack level 1

Saving attachments to PC??

Advertisement

Howdy,

I've read that you can save email attachments to the MicroSD card on the Pearl.

Anyone actually know how to do this? I've googled but haven't found an answer.

The extension of this would be to then save (copy) the attachment to my PC.

Anyone??

TIA

zipper

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Saving attachments to PC??

To save an attachment to the SD Card, simply place your cursor over the item that says attachment such as [1 attachment] and hit the menu button. You can then view the attachment.

Once you are viewing the picture for instance, you press the menu button again and it gives you an option to save the file.

In the Save File popup, you can then select what you want to save it as and where you want to save it. To change where it is saved, scroll up to the folder icon and select it. It should let you browse to the SD Card and save it there.

Mine defaults there so I'm not sure if that's because I told it to save images to the memory card in the camera settings or if I've done so before and it remembers. Either way, you should be able to put it there.

Hope this helps!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

zipperchan no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Saving attachments to PC??

thanks for teh reply

i've tried your instructions but don't get the option to "Save". i get this option on pictures only, but not other attachments such as Word Docs or pdfs. i read somewhere that if i save the email (with atatchment), it saves it to teh MicroSD card with atatchment, but i can't find the email (or attachment) when i search the MicroSD card on my PC

Does this have something to do with BES (as I'm not linked to a BES)??