Hello, I'm new to this forum but am very impressed, hopefully your collective wisdom will ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

skri11a no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Save SMS conversation to a single file?...

Advertisement

Hello, I'm new to this forum but am very impressed, hopefully your collective wisdom will save me a large amount of time. I've done multiple searches but still haven't found a solution to this problem (at least, not an easy one).

I need to export several days worth of SMS messages that were part of an ongoing conversation. Idealy, i'd like to export the entire conversation, spanning close to 100 messages, into one concise txt file that i can save, email, convert to pdf etc...

I have the messages saved and filed on the BB but cannot find a neat way to export them to the pc. Even if they stayed broken into individual messages, it'd be easier to cut/paste on the pc than the pearl.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by skri11a; 02-08-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: to form as a question instead of a statement

onegiantleap no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Save SMS conversation to a single file...

Found this software, but did not yet have the time to test it. It reads and converts the Blackberry IPD Backup File. Backup your BB into a file on your PC using Desktop Manager, then convert any information from the file to Text and many other formats using the software. You can download a 30 days trial.

www[dot]
    processtext[dot]com
    /abcblackberry[dot]html
    (Too bad I may not post URLs...)

Let us know if it works ;-).

skri11a no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Save SMS conversation to a single file...

Awesome! This program is absolutely great! It provided exactly what i needed. Well worth the $19.95 if you have to do this more than once.

The only issue; it wouldn't export the pictures from MMS properly. Granted, I didn't put much effort into that since there were only 4 and I can go a different route for those. It's possible it has something to do with it being the trial version as well.

Anyway, you have no idea how much time this saved me and I am forever grateful!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Save SMS conversation to a single file...

Thanks for the confirmation about this good Application.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles