Hi All, I am a new Pearl 8100 user on my companies BES and would ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

raja2k no está en línea Stack level 1

Sandisk 2GB MicroSD Ultra II

Hi All,

I am a new Pearl 8100 user on my companies BES and would like to upgrade the 128mb memory card to 2gb. I can find 2 versions of the 2gb card. One is the Sandisk 2gb micro sd and other is sandisk 2gb microsd ultra II which has faster read and write speeds. Which version is best for the Pearl. Can it take advantage of the faster speeds of the ultra II version for transferring files and faster loading of files for playback or is there no point in spending the extra £10 or so for the ultra II version.

My Pearl is on Vodafone UK and software is Software: This is the latest software from Vodafone. Will this work fine with the 2gb card or will I need to upgrade. I know there is an new version of the software from singular Software: Can I upgrade to this if I need to get the card working. If so any implications to my phone as its on Vodafone.

I just want to make sure I have the correct knowledge before I do anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    T o' Bee

Re: Sandisk 2GB MicroSD Ultra II

~via BB (
    Raja, not sure in the differences in the 2 cards. But your current OS should be fine for the 2gb card. To my knowledge, the only OS which had issues supporting 2gb cards was, the initial OS at release.
    Good luck!

kenau_reveas no está en línea Stack level 2

Raja, I have hot Sandisk 2gb card in my Pearl. it reconizes fine. i am happy with it. if have T-mobile or Cinguar wireless Pearl then just search for the post to upgrade the OS here. just update your OS till the latest version and you are good to go.

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3

The only difference between the two is read/write speed. However, your pearl as a memory card reader for a PC is terribly slow as it is, and you definately wont benefit from the extra speed when accessing the data on the PC. A normal memory card reader will work faster than the "Media Storage Device" on the pearl.

As for the read/write speed when using it on the pearl itself, you won't notice a difference at all, the OS will lag more than the access times for the card.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5

Let us know if u need any other help

Welcome the stacks