Is there a way to save a phone number with automatic hyphens (eg 123-456-7890) without ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

meu
    meu no está en línea Stack level 1

?s on phonebook and call volume

Advertisement

Is there a way to save a phone number with automatic hyphens (eg 123-456-7890) without having to put them in manually?

Also, when you input a number and try to save, it automatically saves under "Work". Can this be changed?

I'm experiencing a slight increase in volume after the first ring or so, when I' dialing out. Not a big deal, but it can get annoying. Anyone else have the same issue?

I've had the phone for a few days now.
    Satisfied overall, but the keypad tone and the automatic light dim are REALLY annoying. Also, T-mo is definitely a downgrade in sound/network quality from Verizon here in LA.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: ?s on phonebook and call volume

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ok, I'll try to answer each question in order. There is no way to save incoming call #s with hyphens automatically. The format for #s is built into the phones software. The device recognizes them that way though so its not really neccesary to edit them with hyphens. Next, I agree it is annoying that it automatically saves new contact #s to Work but there is also no way around it. With the call volume, I'm not sure if this will fix it or why it's happening, but try going into Phone->Options->General Options and you can change the "Default Call Volume" from this menu. Might work, might not. Lastly, as far as the light dimming, try the app, BBLight. I believe you can find it in the Downloads Section of this website. Good luck with your new BB. Hope I answered everything and this helps.

meu
    meu no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the tip on BBLight. I'll give it a try.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Meu. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.