I was curious as I have searched threads but can't figure out why I can't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spankey no está en línea Stack level 1

Running version 4.2 and can't open an attachment?

Advertisement

I was curious as I have searched threads but can't figure out why I can't open attachments on my BB Pearl? I am running version 4.2 and attachment is selected on the Desktop Manager as well as it shows up on the phone under applications as well too.

I can't open pictures or video of anything via email. Is there a fix for this such as reverting back to a previous version of software?

Thanks all.
    Spankey

OH Happy Turkey Day everyone!

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Running version 4.2 and can't open an attachment?

Have you tried BerrBeam? It might help. It's a great utility that helps you open attachments (specifially works really well with PDFs and Word documents among others).

I can't say that I understand or have a real response for what's happening to you. Have you loaded the OS on your BB yourself? Or is this the one that came on your device?

ryoung no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have exactly the same problem I cannot open a video file on the phone when it is attached to email although I can open a PDF word or xls file I need help too

itjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2

What model is it? If it is the Verizon 8130 then try loading Desktop version 4.3 and then go to Verizon's web site and download Device version 4.3 to your PC. that should update everything on your BB.

Bob

ryoung no está en línea Stack level 1

no its an 8100 still need help
    Roe

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Spankey, your profile does not have much to it so we need more answers first. Are you on BES or BIS? If you are on BES it could be an IT policy. If you are on BIS, how did you get your BB? New from store or online from someone else? If used it may have had an IT policy on it that needs to be removed first. Check this thread for removing IT policies: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...move_this.html

A quick quote that Rcbjr always says:
    If you are on a company BES with your Blackberry, Company or Personal, attempting to remove the IT policy may result in disciplinary action for violation of company network policies. Be wary.

Also, as far as video not opening, what format of video is being sent to you? The BB will not play MS extension videos. So if the video is being sent as a .wmv you will not be able to open or play it.

ryoung, your problem could be IT policy also, try contacting your IT admin for assistance or policy clearification.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 11-27-2007 at 08:52 AM.