With all this talk about battery life I still havent worked out if I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spacemonkey_no9 no está en línea Stack level 2

running programs, closed or hidden?

Advertisement

With all this talk about battery life I still havent worked out if I am closing apps or leaving them running in the background somewhere. I sometimes press the 'end call' button to get back to home screen when using an app. Does this close the application or just minimise it? Should I the escape key and keep pressing until I return to main screen. I have used 'alt-escape' but it just flicks up a window then disappears.

I am using iPhone13a theme and have about 12 icons unhidden on the home page, does this mean they are all running? Got OS .103 running too.

Any advice?

Re: running programs, closed or hidden?

If you are pressing the end button...then you are hidding them..this takes up battery and speed.

If you use the escape button or press menu and press close...you are closing the applications.

To find wt u are hidding do this : ALT + escape and close the things you dont need

did that answer it

To solve your Alt + escape problem: you need to hold the alt button and use the trackball to pick the applications and release alt button. That will open the app and you can close it or use it.
    Last edited by ruth; 08-30-2007 at 06:19 PM.

spacemonkey_no9 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, thats got it. I had some apps running in the background. Now I only have 5 icons on the ALt+Esc mini menu, I guess thats right. I'll see how the memory and battery goes now.

Thanks ruth

Quote Originally Posted by spacemonkey_no9
    Yeah, thats got it. I had some apps running in the background. Now I only have 5 icons on the ALt+Esc mini menu, I guess thats right. I'll see how the memory and battery goes now.

Thanks ruth
    Looks like you are having the default one running. If you dont use PTT i can help you remove it if you have ptt. And should save u a little bit of memory and bb runs a tad bit faster...since it runs in the background

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Dumb question -- is the end button the "hang up the phone" button?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    Dumb question -- is the end button the "hang up the phone" button?

Yes the end button or minimize button is the red button on the righ side.
    The close button is the escape.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Well the alt scape combination only shows all apps in the background. But selecting close from the menu will only close third party apps like opera mini and google maps, not BB apps like BB browser and BB messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059
    Well the alt scape combination only shows all apps in the background. But selecting close from the menu will only close third party apps like opera mini and google maps, not BB apps like BB browser and BB messenger.
    certain apps run...like the phone and as you said browser...messages.