Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really need someones help. I have this app error 523 that has haunted me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ghardwick no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Royally Frustrated (App Error 523)

Advertisement

I really need someones help. I have this app error 523 that has haunted me for 2 weeks now. I have a hard time booting my phone, and when booted my micro SD card doesn't function properly (it stopped working when the error decided to infringe on my life). Everything seems to be pretty much pooched. I even took my SD card back to the retailer just to see if it is fine (and it is), so it MUST be my phone. Do I need to do a full wipe? Do I need to reinstall anything? What do I do to fix this? Thanks for your help (and please know I am a novice, so details are GREATLY appreciated)!

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yeah it sounds like you should wipe, and reinstall the OS. Which OS do you have by the way?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you remember installing a certain app or theme right around the time this started happening? If yes then try deleting it and see if it helps.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Oh didn't think about that. A bad app install maybe?

That happened with my dad's 8130. I put one of the today plus themes from the mobile.blackberry.com site on his BB 8130 and every time he used speed dial he would get the app error 523 reset. I deleted the theme and he had no more problems. Weird though since I had the same BB, same OS, and used that theme no problem.....just a strange glitch during the install or something
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2

Happening on 9000 too

We've seen this error on two of our BOLD users just recently. The devices don't recover well and the error is persistent. We returned the devices to AT&T and recevied new ones. Apparently the rep at AT&T said they've seen this error more than they'd like and they don't have a fix for it yet.

Return it and get another one, a BOLD that is.

Since your on a Pearl, I would try a reload of the OS as suggested, that may help.
    Last edited by slideaway; 11-21-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Hi and thanks for the assistance. I have 4.5.0.55 (platform 2.7.0.68) installed on my handheld. How do I do a complete wipe safely. Is there an easy walkthrough for a complete wipe/re-install that a BlackBerry layman like me can perform?

P.S Yes I did load an app...this app that (when an e-mail comes in) shows me a small bubble letting me know what has come to my inbox (when I am in another app)...can't remember the name, but I have uninstalled it (a week or so ago)...

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Jl commander or crack mem make it easy . Just be careful and follow the instructions. Search jl commander or crack mem i believe they're both still here.

OK, so I wiped my phone clean and this scary thing is on my screen; a circle with a line through it and in the circle has what appears to be a PC screen with a small circle, square and triangle in it. Under the image is the number 507...should I be scared?

That means it has been wiped and is ready for you to reload the OS. If you have downloaded and run the BB OS to your computer then hook up your bb, open the DM and use the application loader to reload the OS. Don't worry that's what it looks like when wiped.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am getting nervous now...I have a black screen and the red light on the phone is blinking twice every 2 or 3 seconds...I hope I did not just kill my phone.......
    Last edited by ghardwick; 11-21-2008 at 03:30 PM.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    hardwick!!

Don't worry.......Did you install the OS alreaddy??

I did install the OS, now I have just a black screen with the red light blinking, blinking, blinking..........

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Okay, After you did the wipe, have you tried re-installing the OS?? At All??

I am in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and it says PIN UNKNOWN, and the red light on my phone keeps blinking away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast