Hi Hope someone can help. Initally when I installed the desktop software the media manager ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DanJSC no está en línea Stack level 1

Roxio media manager can not see 8120

Advertisement

Hi
    Hope someone can help. Initally when I installed the desktop software the media manager could see both the media card and the device memory on my blackberry 8120 and I could transfer files both ways. I do not know if it is related but I had to reload all the device software over the air but now when I connect to the media it just keeps on asking for the password and no matter how many time you enter it does not accept but does not increment the tries ie. stays at 1/10
    I have tried with mass storage on and off on the blackberry and also with and without putting in the requested password on the device but as the password is not accepted you can not see the device

I have also noticed that sometimes the media manager does not start up and I have to reboot the PC to get it working but again I do not know if this is related to the above or just because it is very resource hungry

I have installed the media manger on a XP and 2000 and get the same results on both

Also I do not know if this is related but I have been direct connecting to the SD card via my computer to get around the above issue but keep on getting the message that the SD card is not formatted even though I can see files on it from the blackberry. When I reformat it I can connect this way again but keep on having to do this so keep losing files. I would also like to sort this out

The software on the 8120 is 4.3.0.67 the blackberry desktop software is 4.3.0.15 but I can find details about roxio specifically.

I hope this is enough info to get some help.. Dan

nurseraj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24318A3C

Question Re: Roxio media manager can not see 8120

I was wondering if there is a standalone roxio media manager download.. I just cant find it!!

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Roxio media manager can not see 8120

try Reloading the DM. maybe that will help!

DanJSC no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Roxio media manager can not see 8120

Thanks I have tried reloading the desktop manager but this does not make any difference. I have also tried a xolleagues phone with my desktop manager and this one works so it is definately something to do with the phone. Can not see anything massivlely different with the phones setups although mine has more service books. I originally reloaded my blackberry OTA and since doing this I have noticed when you look on the BES on the handheld manager and look at the hardware you can get all the details of all the other handhelds but mine just says SECURED BOOT ROM and clicking on this displays "A secured boot ROM allows only signed Research In <Motion system software to be loaded". I do not know how to turn this off and it is a longshot anyway but just wondered if this might be anything to do with it. Dan