Need help with RMM, I cannot access my media card to alter music loaded on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

technut no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204FD9CA

roxio media manager

Advertisement

Need help with RMM, I cannot access my media card to alter music loaded on it. Please advise, desperate.

akordboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: roxio media manager

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do you have you BB connected to your pc? If so, disconnect it.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

is your media card formatted? on your bb, go to options -- media card -- menu and choose format.

also make sure mass media storage is on. you can check at options -- media card.

PIN/ID
    204FD9CA

RMM only shows device memory with no other options available. I have been using the media card to hold music and videos and just realized that the program had changed with last OS upgrade. Any suggestion to getting access back appreciated as I use the BB for entertainment on business trips.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm unsure why you need to access the card with Roxio. Can't you just turn mass storage on and drag and drop?

Also which program changed with your OS upgrade? Which upgrade was it? Details we need more info to be of more help.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry... A little more info, please: what is shown in Options | Advanced | Media card? That should perhaps give you a hint. Is the card still accessible from PC, using USB?

Problems of the type you seem to be describing may be caused because of no defrag of media card. Happened to me. Twice. PC saw card, BB didn't. (FWIW)

PIN/ID
    204FD9CA

sorry for lack of info, this has me confused as well. OS 4.2.1.94 (rogers) I did not know Roxio was even loaded as previously I would just drag and drop files to the BB by going to media manager through the DM. There is no way at present to drag any file to anything other than device memory and I keep getting the file is to large error message. MY pearl has a 2g micro card which works great. I do have the mass storage device set to on but still no change. Even what is curently loaded on media card cannot be accessed from the DM.

shaunee no está en línea Stack level 1

I had this same problem when I upgraded from DM 4.2.1.8 to DM 4.3. RIM's support addresses it, under Doc ID : KB14506 (couldn't post link cuz I'm not Stack Level 2).
    It doesn't specify what drive letter to assign the BB to, but I assume "B" cuz it says Roxio is expecting that. Windows wouldn't let me change to anything below "D", so this didn't work for me. However, in the process, Roxio did recognize my Media Card, as long as I had Mass Storage Mode enabled. But I decided to revert to DM 4.2 cuz 4.3 contains Roxio which is SW I don't need anyways.