Until today the Pearl has been faultless but for some reason today I seem to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

timgaunt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2050C02C

Smile Rollerball not activating the phone

Advertisement

Until today the Pearl has been faultless but for some reason today I seem to be having a bunch of issues, I've tried turning it off and on again but still nothing.

Basically the issues I've got atm are:
    1. The screen seems to dim to off within a second or two of inactivity -annoying when you're reading an email/sms!
    2. When dimmed, the rollerball no longer seems to re-activate it
    3. When I have a call with an image, the next call with an image shows the first iamge -even though the two images are very different, in this example, the names were similar (same surname) but I don't see how that could be an issue
    4. When picking up a call it doesn't seem to activate the mic for a second or two meaning my greeting is ignored (this has been happening for a while)
    5. Sometimes when it receieves an email there is a masive pause between the first and second vibrate
    6. When someone calls and I answer, it sometimes then starts ringing again (and doesn't answer the call)
    I'm going to upgrade the OS to see if that recitifies anything but has anyone else had anything similar to this?

I meant to add: I've not dropped it or anything like that, it's just been on my desk...

TIA

Tim

PIN/ID
    2050C02C

Re: Rollerball not activating the phone

Oh and I've just noticed, if someone calls me, it flashes up their name and number but then the screen turns off... (real helpful!)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

tim - what OS are you currently running?

options/about
    third line down

have you tried a simple soft reset/battery pull? take battery out while phone is on, leave out for 30 seconds, place battery back in phone, wait for bb to come back up?

if not, try that before updating your OS.

PIN/ID
    2050C02C

Hi cherrichiodo I'm on OS 4.2.0.51 at the moment. I'm trying the battery pull now to see if that sorts it and will let you know.

Tim

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

a newer operating system may be in order.......