I just loaded Rogers OS v4.2.0.51, I have not received one java.script errors which is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jkim5798 no está en línea Stack level 1

Rogers OS 4.2.0.51

Advertisement

I just loaded Rogers OS v4.2.0.51, I have not received one java.script errors which is a good thing. But I think Im going to downgrade back to original. Although it has fixed the problem with the ringer issue turning off if trackball is moves, but call me a stickler...the autodim is killing me. I cant stand the dimming, and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the trackball illumination autoturning off and on. I use a holster and when i take it out, sometime the trackball is on, and sometimes off. I hadnt had this problem prior to the upgrade.

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Re: Rogers OS 4.2.0.51

honestly i cant think of what the dimming looks like. i havent noticed it. it doesnt bother me. i am on this phone constantly and i have never noticed this to be a problem.

maybe i am not as picky as you, but the upgrade definitely outweighs the dimming. although i will say that i dont use the media player that often....

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by jkim5798
    Although it has fixed the problem with the ringer issue turning off if trackball is moves, but call me a stickler...the autodim is killing me. I cant stand the dimming, and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the trackball illumination autoturning off and on. I use a holster and when i take it out, sometime the trackball is on, and sometimes off. I hadnt had this problem prior to the upgrade.
    On all the Forums it has been reported and confirmed that the Rogers' update disables the ability to turn auto-dim off. In other words after the Rogers' update auto-dim remains on.

That's why I am not installing Rogers on my Pearl.

jkim5798 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Back on original and now much better. Everything much snappier
    And screen is bright once again.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jkim5798
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Back on original and now much better. Everything much snappier
    And screen is bright once again.
    well one thing you cany't say about the original TMO 4.042 is that it is snappier than the new Rogers upgrade. The auto-dim may be better for you, but it is pretty recogized that the Rogers upgrade is definitely faster and less sticky than the TMO original version. At least from the people I've talked to anyway....

Dsmart no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do u downgrade TO 4.2? My bb is giving too much trouble with this 4.5. It dials for itself, goes into the media by itself, my keyboard comes ons when it wants too! Damn, too much too much. HELPPPPPPPPPPP

Rrupert no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238E3391
    start new thread, will get help faster