Hey, this is my first post on the pinstack forums so be easy on me ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

robertj15 no está en línea Stack level 1

ringtones are low?

Advertisement

Hey, this is my first post on the pinstack forums so be easy on me :P

I bought my Blackberry Pearl yesterday, had enough of the sidekick and wanted something new, and it was a great choice. And thus far it has been great except one problem, I find that my ringtones are low. It could easily be the quality of the mp3, so I'm curious as to what program you guys use to make your custom ringtones as well as the settings you use.

BTW, I put my sound profile to "loud", but I find that even my text message ring is low as well.

Thanks in advance!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: ringtones are low?

not sure of a fix, but welcome to pinstack.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hey there Robert, welcome to Pinstack.... We have had many a post about this very topic here at Pinstack.... Cant remember off the top of my head of any software that helps increase the volume. Someone might have one for you.... I do know that several folks have done a "modification" of the back panel where the holes are for the sound to come out.. If you can't find anything else to fix your issue you might want to consider a modification(drill additional holes) to help solve your sound issue.....

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to pinstack

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Audacity will allow you to amplify the volume, and still keep it at a reasonable file size. It is a free download, you do have to add the lame.dll file to allow for mp3 format. Both where easy to find under google.

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D

I dont know about custom ringtones, but there is a site called tuneusin.com. They have tons of mp3 quality ringtones for free and they are ota from your phone. I have downloaded quite a few of them and they always work and sound perfect.

wicho46 no está en línea Stack level 1

HI WELL I THINK YOU HAD MY SAME PROBLEM PROBLABLY YOU DID THIS BUT IF YOU GO TO MENU, PROFILE, THEN SCROLL DOWN AND YOU WILL FIND ADVANCED, CLICK THERE , CLICK ON LOUD, IT WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF OPTIONS GO TO PHONE, AND THEN GO TO OUT OF HOLSTER, WHERE IT SAYS VOLUME AND CHANGE IT TO LOUD IT USUALLY COMES IN MEDIUM, AND THAT SHOULD FIX IT, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEME AND I FINALLY FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS CAUSING IT, I HOPE THIS IS HELPFULL.

Cochese no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19215

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Google "audio mp3 editor". Its free and let's you chop up mp3 files and amplify vol.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello robert, welcome to pinstack.

robertj15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by wicho46
    HI WELL I THINK YOU HAD MY SAME PROBLEM PROBLABLY YOU DID THIS BUT IF YOU GO TO MENU, PROFILE, THEN SCROLL DOWN AND YOU WILL FIND ADVANCED, CLICK THERE , CLICK ON LOUD, IT WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF OPTIONS GO TO PHONE, AND THEN GO TO OUT OF HOLSTER, WHERE IT SAYS VOLUME AND CHANGE IT TO LOUD IT USUALLY COMES IN MEDIUM, AND THAT SHOULD FIX IT, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEME AND I FINALLY FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS CAUSING IT, I HOPE THIS IS HELPFULL.
    I changed the settings, I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks!