I just got a bunch of new ringtones and I found out how to set ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

janadanielle969 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3195b3b3

ringtones

Advertisement

I just got a bunch of new ringtones and I found out how to set them to specific people but I can't figure out how to set them to texts and calls in general. On BlackBerry can you set it so certain people have certain ringtones even with texts?

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go into your profiles
    select advanced
    and create a new profile

from there you can specify different callers to have different ring tones or text alerts.

you will have to make a new profile for each individual person though...

PIN/ID
    3195b3b3
    There's no way to set it to everyone?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Yes, if you are just wanting a music tone for all text messages, select profiles>advanced>loud (or which ever you wish to change)>scroll down and click on sms messages... then change the tone listed... But the above mentioned tip is the only way to set a different text msg tone for each person, however if you create a new profile for ppl, when you put the phone on vibrate, those people using an exception profile will still ring!!

PIN/ID
    3195b3b3
    ...that actually made NO sense at all..

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Go into profiles, scroll down to advanced, pick the profile you want to change (say, normal) and hit menu>edit. From there, you can click on each individual item (Phone, for example) and then from there you can choose vibrate or ring (or both) as well as the ring tone, volume, whether you want the LED to flash and the number of vibrations if set to vibrate. This will now be your ringtone for all phone calls (or texts, or MMS, etc), EXCEPT for exceptions you can set.

Make sense?

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Jana, are you asking if there is a way to setup different ringtones for different people that would work on calls and text, for example when your sister calls or TEXTS it would play RESPECT, when you brother calls or TEXTS it would play SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY... changing the tone under your current profile makes all text messages have the same ringtone, by assigning ringtones per contact, it only applies when they call, you have to create a new profile for either the ringer or person (your choose) and create a new exception, feel free to hit me up on BB messenger or yahoo and I can walk you thur it step by step, when explained you will get it, on here it can be lenghty and get confusing..

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    exceptions are used to allow you to be notified that a certain person is calling or texting no matter what profile you are using! for example if you have an exception setup for John Smith (ringer Amazing Grace) as long as the exception is turned on, it doesn't matter if you have the loud profile active or vibrate active, if John Smith calls or texts Amazing Grace will still play.. therefore if you have exceptions setup and need the vibrate mood then when you turn the phone on vibrate you have to turn off the exceptions

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    What I found eaiser is goto>>>> phone book >>>>select the contact and goto>>> edit>>> Then in that menu it has the option to>>>>> add custom phone tune when you click the highlighted field it will let you choose the specific ringtone.
    "This life almost didn't happen"

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Kreese that is for setting a ringtone for calls only, we are talking about setting a ringtone for someone and having that ringtone play whether they call or send a text message.