Is there a way to maybe alternate what ringtone goes off whenever u recieve a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GGW4Mike no está en línea Stack level 2

Ringtones

Advertisement

Is there a way to maybe alternate what ringtone goes off whenever u recieve a call or text? I have many good ones and I just dont want to use one of them!

miyoshiboy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Ringtones

I got my Pearl last week and the only way to alternate ringtones that I can find is to assign them to different callers...I have one person who has nothing to do but call me and waste my time so when that number comes through, I have assigned the "Darth Vadar" theme song..

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Lol on the Darth Vader theme song.....heheh

Good idea...I have callers like that. I need to assign them some
    special ring tones!

I assign different ringtones to family members.

My ringtones:
    Mario Brothers
    James Bond
    James Bond 2

I have darth vader and MI theme song.

Youngblood no está en línea Stack level 2

Do most of you put the ringtones you transfer on your SD Card? Also do you have to use the USB cable to do so or can you Bluetooth the tones in? The reason I asked about the BT is because I used the CD that came with the Pearl and it corrupted my ringtones (that were on the phone already) by using the Media Mananger. I would rather use BT if I can.

Thanks for your time
    YB

I have transferred all of mine via USB to the handheld and have placed them in the regular memory, although I do have a 2 gig card for music and podcasts. I only use a few tones, like to identify my wife "Con te partio," my relentless caller "Darth Vadar," my boss and friend "The Godfather theme," and my best friend, "CCR Proud Mary." Found all of those for free through links I found on this site.

miyoshiboy,

Thank You your reply. I guess you loaded the Media Manger from the Blackberry Disc? Only reason I asked is because for some reason I try to load them to my media file and it disable my other ringtones that came with the phone. Don't want to make the same mistake twice.

Thanks again
    YB

I did load the media manager. Is your disk corrupt or are you saying you already had ringtones, and loading the software corrupted them? I ask because if you have a corrupt disk, you can go to the blackberry website and download the latest media manager to your desktop (which I did) as well as the latest software for the handheld (and I did that also.) I would back up my ringtones by using the "My computer" function if possible and transfering them back to your computer via USB before installing any newer software. Still a newbie but that is my 2 cents.

Again Thank You for the reply. I will go to the website and download the lastest software for the phone. I thought I read that the CD that came with the phone it had problems for some files missing. I am not sure because I read so many posts. I too am a newbie with my Blackberry. My Motorola & Nokia in the past I had no problem tranferring the files.

Also can you just download the media manager or do you have to download 4.2 SP 2?

Thank You again for your help
    YB
    Last edited by Youngblood; 06-03-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by miyoshiboy
    I got my Pearl last week and the only way to alternate ringtones that I can find is to assign them to different callers...I have one person who has nothing to do but call me and waste my time so when that number comes through, I have assigned the "Darth Vadar" theme song..
    Ug I have one of those too and I assign her the "silent" ringtone. And she seriously gets mad at me when I don't answer. I mean come on I have a busy day I don't have time to just gab while she moves from one place to another. You should see the text messages I get from her. I just passed a barn, it smells like eggs out here, I almost peed my pants, I want coffee, I'm cold, man I'm tired. It goes on all day. LOL.

~Amie~