[FONT=Arial] I have a pearl flip that will not play music stored on the media ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

Ringtones

Advertisement

[FONT=Arial]I have a pearl flip that will not play music stored on the media card. It continues to say "error playing". Last week preloaded tones would not work. I switched out my device. Now i have the same problem but when I take the card out my preloaded songs started working. So I put a new media card in the phone, put my songs on the new card and it still said "error playing". Has anyone had issues with ring tones and the pearl flip?[/FONT]
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I know this may sound strange but is the memory card formatted? If so, what file type are your music files? .mp3, .wav, .wmv???

Yes its formatted....mp3 is the file type which is def supported by bb...im seeing this alot on this phone also and would like to figure out why...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    How did you load your music on the media card? Check that the folder with your BB songs on your PC plays properly on your PC....select a song and it should play on your PC....if it plays properly.....format the media card on the BB (options, media card, depress BB button and select format).

Go to options, media card, Mass Storage Mode Support, select On then plug BB into your PC. You should now see your media card in windows explorer.

My best success in loading over 400 songs has been to copy and paste using windows explorer. Find the songs you want to place on your media card, select them in your PC's windows folder (copy) then paste into the folder on your media card. While there, you may want to insure the songs play by clicking on the song in the BB folder.....it should play on your PC. When finished, disconnect BB, go back into options, media card and turn mass storage support off. Then do a battery pull. Let us know if it works.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    When you first turn on your phone, go directly to media, There will be a blue progress bar, or a percentage as it Inventories your card, Does this bar stop along the way or appear to be stuck? This is caused by a corrupt file on your card that may not be letting it complete the inventory. I have had to remove the card and try again without a card, and everything works again.

I have even tried removing all files from the card, then formatting it, then running a check on it, all came out fine. then i put all my files back on, and boom it locks up again. Finally had to transfer folder by folder until i found out which folder the file was in, and then i just didnt copy that folder back.

You may want to check the source of your MP3s, and make sure there are no virus or anything in them such as popup adds.

But seeing as you have tried different phones, and differrent cards, but are putting the same items on the card, you may want to check them.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Thanks for the great tips. Ill tell people to try that.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH