when trying to take out the 8100 from my pocket when it is ringing with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eieio no está en línea Stack level 1

Ringtone Silenced by moving the Pearl/trackball...does workaround work for everyone?

Advertisement

when trying to take out the 8100 from my pocket when it is ringing with an incoming call, the phone stops ringing whenever the trackball is rolled ever so slightly. it is unavoidable when taking it out of a pocket.

someone posted a "workaround" temporarily before they issue new firmware by changing the trackball sensitivity to 60/70. does it work for everyone?

thank you in advance.

blue78vette no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Ringtone Silenced by moving the Pearl/trackball...does workaround work for everyone?

How do I fix this I agree this is an issue
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Ringtone Silenced by moving the Pearl/trackball...does workaround work for everyone?

you can not fix this unless the above works, or some people have reported the issue going away with the O.S. update from rogers check this post http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ry_8100_a.html

pearlking no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21064EEE

pearlking no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21064EEE

What's included in the new update???

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

My 7100 does the same thing. Phone will stop ringing when I move the scroll wheel. I like that function. Stops the annoying ring that other cell phones do when someone calls. It just keeps ringing that is annoying!

b0ldfacelies no está en línea Stack level 2

But with the Pearl the ball moves WAY to easy and causes you to miss A LOT! of calls!

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

Yeah, I wish there was a way to disable that function/feature.
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

battlehawk no está en línea Stack level 1

I simply set vibrate on the phone along with the sound. Since the phone is on me most of the time miscalls isn't an issue with me.