I reloaded the OS on both mine(Black pearl) and my wifes(red pearl) we are both ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alnineball no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Ringtone Problem " wont ring or play"

Advertisement

I reloaded the OS on both mine(Black pearl) and my wifes(red pearl) we are both now at 4.2.0.73 alls working fine again EXCEPT. When I put ringtones on either phone they wont play. I moved them over using the DM. They are there, you can see them on the phone. When I select the mp3 on mine it calls up the player but will not play it at all. If I set it as a custom ringer for my wife. She will call and it wont ring. Her phone does exactly the same thing. I have the ringers in the ringtones folder. Any ideas
    Thanks

dtd509 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E2BF3F

Re: Ringtone Problem " wont ring or play"

I had the same problem with mine, I did a hard reset and it ended up working fine for me. Give that a try and if that doesn't work make sure you have them in the right format.

I pulled the battery for a while last night to try that. Im at work now. I'll try it again
    Thanks

Had the battery out for over 15 minutes. Still no go. The format is correct. The ringtone worked before. Its one I bought thru cingular.(Bought, wierd huh who does that)

Thumbs up Re: Ringtone Problem " wont ring or play"

Ended up being me being stupid. With all the problems we had the ringtones are corrupt. Live and learn.