Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recently added a few mp3 and wav files into my pearl but when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mxbandit no está en línea Stack level 1

Ringtone Problem

Advertisement

I recently added a few mp3 and wav files into my pearl but when i put them as ringtones it only plays less than five seconds of the song then it replays it over two more times. I have tried looking under the LOUD profile to edit the number of rings but I cannot find that option. I only see the In holser option, the tune, repeat notification which is set to led flashing, then number of vibrations. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Dunno...Don't have my Pearl on me today or I would play with it a little bit...

But let's bump for the other Pearl users who may have had this issue in the past and know the answer off the top of their head.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am taking a stab that the issue here involves the files size.
    What are the size of the files that you are using?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Are the files you are trying to use as ringtones in a ringtone folder or in one of the Music folders. I found that they don't play long if in a music folder.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    In your current profile make sure to change the "number of beeps" to 1, that will play the full ringtone. If you set it to 3 it will play the first few seconds 3 times, if you set it for 2 it will play the ringtone 2 times for about 10 seconds or so.

The file size of my files are relatively small some are 300kb to full mp3 songs around 3.00mb. I have the songs under the ringtone folder. I hit the menu>profiles>advanced..>loud> and it gives me these options:
    Browser
    Calendar
    Level 1 messages
    Messenger-New message
    Phone
    Sms
    Tasks

I select phone and these are the only settings I can change:
    Out of holster:vibrate+tone
    Tune:sing.mp3
    Volume:High
    Repeat Notification:LED Flashing
    Number of vibrations:2

It also has the same thing for out of holster, I dont know which settings are the ones I need to change in order to hear the complete song. I know the other options like sms, tasks, messenger and all the other ones have a place were it says NUMBER OF BEEPS but the phone one does not.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F
    I'm not sure if this will help, but if you upload your music here its like a free editing site where you can set how long and what part of the song you want to play. Make it, DL it, put in under ringtones and move it and you should be set...tis what I do

cellsea.com/<<cant link because im lvl 1 lol

ALSO make sure your file <5MB or else you cant load it to crop it!

-Ty *Abrcrmbskier*

nope, it doesn't give me an option to change the number of beeps. I edit my music using dbpoweramp and windows wave editor to crop and select the part of the song I want yet for some reason the song only repeats itself and does not finish playing?

I did find the number of vibrations, I changed it from 2 to 1 yet music still repeats itself.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Again, are the tones you are using in one of the two Ringtones Folders and Not in the Music Folder?

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I have the songs in the ringtone folder, not the music folder. Should they be in the music folder?

Well guys I really appreciate all your help and input on this subject matter but I believe I have solved the issue. I noticed how larger file sizes would not play completely. So I changed to a smaller file sized ringtone that's 250kb compared to the other ringtone that was around 5mb. The only problem is that the ringtone is a much lower quality and is not nearly as loud as the other ringtone. My conclusion is that the BB Pearl cannot use files larger than a certain size as a ringtone. Maybe you guys can do a little testing on your own pearls and see how it works out, I am going to continue to make different sized ringtones to see were the cut-off as far as size is. Hopefully you guys can help me resolve the issue as well. I will post my results when I am done. Thanks.

amisalion no está en línea Stack level 2
    thats true you gotta cut down the size of your ringtones to like 30 secs and youll be ok also the vibration times should be changed to 1 and you could here the whole song

Yeah, I crop all my songs before setting them up as ringtones. Well I tried various sized MP3 ranging from 2mb, 3mb, 4mb, and 5mb and they all seemed to play without repeating when I get a call. I don't know if it was just that one song that kept repeating for some strange reason. I am going to try to change it into a WAV to see if that's the reason why it wont play completely.

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    i have the same problem...but only with one of my ringers. guess i have to try cutting it down
    ..::simpLexity::..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast