Hi, I uploaded music on my BB Pearl and I wanted one of my songs ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kwatson30 no está en línea Stack level 2

Ringtone Problem

Advertisement

Hi,
    I uploaded music on my BB Pearl and I wanted one of my songs to be my ringtone so I clicked "set as phone tune", but it ONLY plays that song no matter who is calling. I set personal ringtones for people on my phone, but when they call it only plays that song that I clikced "set as phone tune"... how can I take the "phone tune" off, so my personal ringtones will play again?

Thanks

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Try adding that tune to Device memory not the SD card, so you can just make that tune your ringer by going into profiles and editing it that way. This way your exceptions dont get overridden.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am not familiar with the BB 8100, but if it is set up like the 8700, as far as ringtones. Then you need to set exceptions under your profiles (the speakerphone) Use active profiles except for..... Just keep adding exceptions for everyone that you want a special tune for.

diamondgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~silly question, but when you have exceptions set up, and you put on your vibrate profile, will the phone still vibrate if one of those callers with personal tunes calls, or will the set tone play? I'd hate to be in a meeting and have my "Sex and the City" tone go off if one of my friends calls!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes the phone will vibrate not play the ringtone.

If you read the help page on the BB it will state the exception is still in force, however like dfc420 stated, It has never played the ringtone set up for my friends when I have it on vibrate. Now if you want to be extra safe you can uncheck your exceptions or go to OFF for no notification, not even vibrate

Dumb question... how do i set exceptions... i can't find it on my phone?

Kwatson, is there a speaker logo on your devices desktop? If so click it. Once you are in the menu click the wheel and then you should see create new exception

theres a speaker logo in the applications, but that only talks about profiles... is that what i want?

also, does anyone know how to set a ringtone for a text message?

Moogly no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Ringtone Problem

I am a bit confused - not sure why that I set the same picture for my hubby's BB8100 and mine as well. but when I call him, the picture shows under caller (my) name, when he calls me - nothing happens... why? and for the ringtone - no matter what I do, it doesn't work for the custom ringtone under the caller.... please help.... thanx