not sure if this has been posted befor if so i apologize. is it possible ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

juniorsy no está en línea Stack level 1

ringtone per category?

Advertisement

not sure if this has been posted befor if so i apologize.
    is it possible to set a ringtone based on the category i could do this with my razor and ive looked every where on my pearl and no luck :S. Thanks in advance.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: ringtone per category?

The only way I could think to do this is by setting up the folders on memory card while tethered to your PC. You would have to manually place them in the folders by category

i meant how you set categories for ppeople in your contacts i believe the default are business and personal but ive added more and categorized everyone in my phone book i was wondering if its possible to make it so when someone in the category business calls me have teh ring different then when someone from the category personal calls me. sorry for not being clear earlier

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think you would have to do this manually...ice never seen an option for that before

Quote Originally Posted by madetosink
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think you would have to do this manually...ice never seen an option for that before
    thanks for your reply i was thiniking the same thing but was still hoping there would be a diff way lol

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Not with the current software. You have to create the exception and manually add the contacts to the excetion. But I have a question about your razr. What did it do when a contact belonged to more then one category? If you had a ringtone for more than one category which one did I use?

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Not with the current software. You have to create the exception and manually add the contacts to the excetion. But I have a question about your razr. What did it do when a contact belonged to more then one category? If you had a ringtone for more than one category which one did I use?

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i never added more then one category for a person in fact am really not sure if you can. ill try it when my sister gets home as she uses it now and ill post back to let you know.