Alrighty, I LOVE my pearl. The only issue ive seen so far is that the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Forestednigh no está en línea Stack level 1

Ringtone / Notifyer help requested

Advertisement

Alrighty, I LOVE my pearl. The only issue ive seen so far is that the ringtones aren't as loud as you could hope, BUT that's not the problem- a very strong vibrate fixed that

Now, I like a lot of the ringtones, and a lot of the notifyers.

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the notifyer tone you get when you get a text message or what have you. Everytime i go to the media folder and to ringtones, i see some labled with "notifyer" and "tunes" and "ringtones."

I'd assume that specifying that certain ones were "notifier" ringtones and otehrs were "ringtone" ringtones, you could set them for each of the appropriate.

Basically what im asking, is can you change the ringtone for the phone calls, the lengthy rings; and change the little bleep notifying tone for text messages. I don't really like the one that it has right now, the basic one. I like a lot of the other ones in the ringtone folder.

I've tried hitting menu over a rington, and when i hit "set as phone tune" it changes the ringtone of calls rather than notifier.

PS: excuse my spellings of notifier (sp?) T_T (I dont think its an actual word)

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Ringtone / Notifyer help requested

yes, you need to edit the profile you use. youll see all kinds of option in there

Ehh, o_o Can you please explain a little more than that. I guess I'm stupid T_T

PIN/ID

ok to profiles icons. open. go to advanced options. scroll to the profile you want to edit and then click on the menu and hit edit. then just go through and change what you want everything to be. need more?

You're my hero :P

Thanks VERY much

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ profile > (pick which profile you want to edit, or whichever one is active) advanced options > it list all the options > change the ringtones etc for SMS phone email, etc. Hit save!

PIN/ID

your welcome forestednigh

steph44 no está en línea Stack level 1

OK, sorry to be stupid, but I just got this phone and I tried to do what you suggested here to change my text notifier so it's different from my ring tone, but I can't figure it out. When I click on the profiles icon, then go to advanced search, it just comes up with the list of profiles again, not a list of email, text, etc. All I want to do is change my text notifier- I don't like the one that came pre-programmed into my phone. Thanks for the help!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by steph44
    OK, sorry to be stupid, but I just got this phone and I tried to do what you suggested here to change my text notifier so it's different from my ring tone, but I can't figure it out. When I click on the profiles icon, then go to advanced search, it just comes up with the list of profiles again, not a list of email, text, etc. All I want to do is change my text notifier- I don't like the one that came pre-programmed into my phone. Thanks for the help!
    steph go to your other thread you started I can help you there.